+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt McCants, OT 6th rd

Matt McCants, OT 6th rd

2012 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
    Matt McCants, OT, UAB
    Matt McCants is one of the top mid-major prospects hailing out of the University of Alabama-Birmingham. As a member of the Blazers, he's now a three-year starter at left tackle and earned All-Conference USA first-team last season.

McCants has an elite frame for an offensive tackle with very long arms and above average footwork. He is not completely filled out and is a couple years away from reaching his full girth. His great hand-eye coordination gives him a great punch while sliding out into pass protection. McCants has great range in establishing an edge or if asked to block on the second level. For a man his size, he moves tremendously well.

When he caught out of position, he needs to learn to stay disciplined through his techniques and keep his natural bend. That said, NFL scouts are going to be all over this young man when they see him in person during pro days and the NFL combine.

McCants didn't do himself any favors by only having 17 bench press reps to go along with an average combine performance.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Re: Matt McCants, OT 6th rd

I like Mccants has LT potiental. Tried to find games for him to cut up as i only saw 2 live games of him. This is all I got

Matt Mccants vs Mississippi State 2010

[quote user="ibbill"]2012 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report: Matt McCants, OT, UAB Matt McCants is one of the top mid-major prospects hailing out of the University of Alabama-Birmingham. As a member of the Blazers, he's now a three-year starter at left tackle and earned All-Conference USA first-team last season. McCants has an elite frame for an offensive tackle with very long arms and above average footwork. He is not completely filled out and is a couple years away from reaching his full girth. His great hand-eye coordination gives him a great punch while sliding out into pass protection. McCants has great range in establishing an edge or if asked to block on the second level. For a man his size, he moves tremendously well. When he caught out of position, he needs to learn to stay disciplined through his techniques and keep his natural bend. That said, NFL scouts are going to be all over this young man when they see him in person during pro days and the NFL combine. McCants didn't do himself any favors by only having 17 bench press reps to go along with an average combine performance.[/quote] Ya, this is a great value and pickup.. He does resemble Beatty some, and needs to get stronger, but if he does get stronger, hes gonna be a beast, becuase hes got the long arms, quick feet, and athletic ability to keep fast DE"s off the QB...

Veteran

good pick is he that much better than potter though? i dont know much about him but i know a good deal about potter and had him with a 4th round grade

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

I like Mccants has LT potiental. Tried to find games for him to cut up as i only saw 2 live games of him. This is all I got

Matt Mccants vs Mississippi State 2010

[/quote] Mosely and McCants are athletic players, with long arms, and quick feet, and if tehy get stronger, were gonna have a couple steals...

[quote user="rainierjef"]good pick is he that much better than potter though? i dont know much about him but i know a good deal about potter and had him with a 4th round grade
    [/quote] McCants has 1st rd "potential"..I love the pick..

McCants hah? 2 OTs drafted. I guess Reese sees no value in a S, DE or DT?

Edit: I meant no value in the 6th rd for a S, DE or DT
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="rainierjef"]good pick is he that much better than potter though? i dont know much about him but i know a good deal about potter and had him with a 4th round grade
    [/quote]

POTTERS analysis HERE
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

LOL only 17 bench press reps!!! I did more than that my junior year in high school. We wont make it pass cut day.

McCants played tuba in the band before coming out for football

Looks like he has a nice nasty streak!

+ Reply to Thread