+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Draft Thoughts

A few post-draft thoughts for you to comment on:

1. Giants must have a great deal of confidence in their defense -- felt secure enough to dedicate top 2 picks to an offense that was very productive this year.

2. Giants must love David Wilson -- the fact that they left Fleener on the board, notwithtstanding the consensus view he was the best TE in the draft, says alot.

3. Reuben Randle and Jayron Hosley may both be true heists by the NYG.

4. Jets are brain dead -- take the biggest head case in round 1, then give up multiple picks for a receiver who was mocked similar to Randle. Rex Ryan and Tannenbaum will be gone after this season.

5. NFC East will be brutal this year -- which I think is great. Eagles will go at least 11 and 5, Redskins at least 9 and 7.

Re: Post Draft Thoughts

First we have defensive draft picks from last year that didn't get a chance to contribute (austin) or contributed very little (prince). Add that to guys coming back from injury like Thomas and free agents we signed/traded for, I'd say our defense is looking good.

Second, though I would've liked fleener he didn't fit the tight end mold the giants look for. Being receiving and blocking threat. He had the recieving but not the blocking. According to reports anyway.

We filled what we lost wilson for jacobs, Randle for Manningham, hosley for ross. We picked up some Oline depth, another te and a dt.

I'm extremely happy with our draft! Can't wait for training camp

Thought we had a great draft we filled all our needs with great players. But I don't think the last 2 picks will make the team tho.

Like the fact that unlike in 2009 after the last SB win, where we pretty much sat tight with the squad, this time we had the cahunas to cut loose the guys who either were not that productve (Ross and Jacobs) or had flashes but couldn't be relied on (Manningham), and replaced them with what appears to be real talent and youth (picks 1, 2 and 3).

Given the parity in the NFL, we've done the right thing. This year's going to be fascinating to watch unfold.

Giants draft was very good. I like 5 of our picks.
    Rounds 1-3 RB,WR, CB, Two OTs Mosley and McCants are all very good picks.

I'm not too familiar with the TE we picked?

i'd say draft was good but not great. The last 2 picks will not make the team. We already have blocking TE's, not sure why we didnt draft a receiving TE instead of another blocker like Robinson. Also would have liked a DE to replace Tollefson.

[quote user="paul007"]Giants draft was very good. I like 5 of our picks.
    Rounds 1-3 RB,WR, CB, Two OTs Mosley and McCants are all very good picks.

I'm not too familiar with the TE we picked?[/quote]

I have to say that i liked the TE as well. The one that I don't have a clue about is the last pick.

[quote user="jparmer"]First we have defensive draft picks from last year that didn't get a chance to contribute (austin) or contributed very little (prince). Add that to guys coming back from injury like Thomas and free agents we signed/traded for, I'd say our defense is looking good.

Second, though I would've liked fleener he didn't fit the tight end mold the giants look for. Being receiving and blocking threat. He had the recieving but not the blocking. According to reports anyway.

We filled what we lost wilson for jacobs, Randle for Manningham, hosley for ross. We picked up some Oline depth, another te and a dt.

I'm extremely happy with our draft! Can't wait for training camp[/quote]
    +1.

The only pick I was able to guess correctly was Double R.

not anything like i thought would happen-

most likely a good thing.

-- even the redskins think RGlll will bust-- hahaha

--- A punter in the 3rd?

I enjoyed seeing the Jets take a WR who only runs vertical routes, because neither of their QBs has the arm to throw deep.

Jags taking a punter in the 3rd was a fantastic, glad someone did something idiotic.

My bold prediction is that at some point Cousins will be starting over a healthy RG3.

I really like Hosley, but the pick truly shocked me. Completely unlike a typical giants DB, hes 5'10 180, where they only ever draft 6'+ 200 lb+ guys. But Hosley plays like hes 6' 200+ with how physical he is, and he does have a wonderful wingspan, so maybe his size isnt a huge concern, still would love to see him get up to 190 at least

I hope David Wilson is an absolute terror on the field, I would love to see him be so good the fans start bringing little plastic rabbits to the game and throwing them on the field after the game ends. (hell have the giants charge $2 per plastic rabbit at the gates and donate the money to charity)

I found it funny how the giants and media were talking about how little production Adrien Robinson had, only 12 catches this year... Meanwhile Beckum's best NFL season he had 13 catches.