+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

mel kiper ives the giants a c plus ratin for nfl draft

New York Giants

Top needs: RB, OL, TE, LB, CB

Summary: I had running back as the top need for the Giants, and they got one with their first pick. David Wilson should be productive, but I think they really would have preferred Doug Martin.
    I might have gone with an O-lineman there, but the Giants have capably
    kept things patched up for a couple years, and will have to continue to
    do so, because they didn't get a tackle until the fourth round. Brandon Mosley has a shot (he's the No. 13-ranked offensive tackle on my board), but you don't want him starting in Week 1. Rueben Randle
    lacks explosiveness, but he was a pretty good value as the last pick in
    Round 2. Clearly, the NFL thought he'd be gone far higher -- he was the
    last player in the green room. Jayron Hosley
    is a really instinctive corner, and I wouldn't have thought he'd still
    be around based on his sophomore year. But he regressed in 2011. He can
    cover, but he lacks a physical element to his game. Some helpful pieces,
    but Wilson needs to provide impact.

Veteran

Re: mel kiper ives the giants a c plus ratin for nfl draft

I take this as a good sign.

kiper flip flops more than any analyst i can think of. i've seen him miss completely on his predictions...he had jemarcus russell as being the next big thing at qb a few years ago...

and its irrelevant anyways bc while he may be decent at analyzing prospects, he has very little knowledge of our team.

put it this way, Kiper couldnt shine JR's shoes when it comes to evaluating players and drafting...

so true JMFP

[quote user="tucksackstom"]

New York Giants

Summary: I had running back as the top need for the Giants, and they got one with their first pick. David Wilson should be productive, but I think they really would have preferred Doug Martin.
    do so, because they didn't get a tackle until the fourth round. Brandon Mosley has a shot (he's the No. 13-ranked offensive tackle on my board), but you don't want him starting in Week 1. Rueben Randle

[/quote]
    I know that most are going to disagree, but I wouldn't consider LB a top "need" anymore. A top-tier stud would be nice, but not necessary. We've got good depth there.

I actually enjoy Kiper and all he does is give his honest opinion, but I really liked our draft a lot. I would have preferred an OT and a safety higher in the draft, but I love our top 5 picks.

For 6th and 7th rounds, I don't mind guys who are projects with big potential.

Veteran

He makes our draft sound so bland & boring..
    We just got an explosive , tough, do it all type RB .. A big receiver that can get deep & make big plays & a ball hawking , instinctive CB in the Asante Samuel type mold.. A project, but great upside TE & solid o-line picks.. Sounds like really promising draft to me

Veteran

[quote user="GMenNY21"]He makes our draft sound so bland & boring..
    We just got an explosive , tough, do it all type RB .. A big receiver that can get deep & make big plays & a ball hawking , instinctive CB in the Asante Samuel type mold.. A project, but great upside TE & solid o-line picks.. Sounds like really promising draft to me[/quote]

The highlight of the draft coverage to me was watching the look on Gruden's face every time Kiper opened his mouth. I have a feeling he doesn't like him much. lol

Kiper is an idiot and knows no more than we do about the NFL. Youd have a tough time convincing me Drew Rosenhaus doesnt sign his paychecks just to hype up crappy players.

Veteran

I love Mel Kiper's comments about Hosley "regressing"..... the dude led the NCAA with 9 picks in 2010, and as a result, QB's stopped throwing at him in 2011.

[quote user="tucksackstom"]

New York Giants

[/quote]

"C+!! Hahaha.. C+! Hahah, oh noooooo, your going to shoot your eye out kid"

Who cares what kiper thinks. Hes nothing more then a publicity draft anaylist.

Veteran

[quote user="giantsfan420"]kiper flip flops more than any analyst i can think of. i've seen him miss completely on his predictions...he had jemarcus russell as being the next big thing at qb a few years ago...

and its irrelevant anyways bc while he may be decent at analyzing prospects, he has very little knowledge of our team.

put it this way, Kiper couldnt shine JR's shoes when it comes to evaluating players and drafting...

so true JMFP[/quote]

I don't care how long Kiper's been doing this. If he was that good an organization would have hired him by now. There's a reason why Accorsi told him to be a draft analyst instead of a gm.

Analyst kill me trying to determine who fits in who's system without even knowing what that teams plans are. Does Kiper know how the progression of the players we have on our roster is going? Nope! So how do they know team needs? They tried to say we needed O-Line, TE, LBer's, and WR's last year!

Let them drool all over other teams moves. How often are any of them right? They flip flop during the season more than politicians.