+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It Seems that Some posters Don't Realize that We have Real Good Coaches

I've seens some posters bad mouth Reese like he made a lot of mistakes. I would agree with some of you if we didn't have good coaches like a good te and a good O-line coach.

All players who come to the NFL still have to be taught because football takes a long learning process. Even our Cruz will have to learn that he needs to keep playing hard to make sure his teammates can get open and so on. Reese has done a A plus of a job to me. How about you?

Re: It Seems that Some posters Don't Realize that We have Real Good Coaches

I'm not sure how anyone could complain with 2 SB's in 4 years and nobodies turning into superstars. What the hell else do people want?

[quote user="Firenugget"]I'm not sure how anyone could complain with 2 SB's in 4 years and nobodies turning into superstars. What the hell else do people want?
    [/quote]

JPP...you can hang a star on that one!
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

[quote user="Firenugget"]I'm not sure how anyone could complain with 2 SB's in 4 years and nobodies turning into superstars. What the hell else do people want?
    [/quote]We should find them and fine them for stupidity.

They simply dont understand that when you're picking at #32, which in reality is the spot that all teams aspire to be in, you aren't going to get the overhyped, big time explosive guys that they think this team needs.

In reality, my guess is that they wanted something to brag about to their friends, and since the Giants rarely do anything crazy/risky in the draft/FA period, they'll always complain that Reese should have done more.

Winning the SB just wasn't good enough[]
    I write differently from what I speak, I speak differently from what I think, I think differently from the way I ought to think, and so it all proceeds into deepest darkness.
    ― Franz Kafka

The thing that is terrifying me is the Giants got projects along the Oline. The Giants Oline was the worst in the NFL last year and we didnt get 1 significant upgrade.The Giants Oline last year surrendered the Most QB pressures by 50 pressures over the 2nd team and had a running game that was dead last. Now look at the Giants schedule and how many good pass rushing teams they face. Eagles -Led the NFL in sacks,Ravens 3rd, Bengals 5th, Cowboys , 49ers tied 7th, Skins tied 10th. Thats not even taking into account the Steelers as well. If the Giants lose Eli Manning the season is over. After that 49er game i think they would be more concerned for him.

I agree Die Hard and must admit to being frustrated myself that they didn't take Massie when they could have in round 3. Then I read about his questionable work ethic and realized JR, Ross and co knew exactly why they didn't take him.

While I'm still concerned about the OL, there does seem to be a concentrated effort to address it and if the collective Giants wisdom in TC, JR and Ross think we can take on some developmental prospects here, all the better. They have earned my trust. I will be especially interested in seeing what happens with the OL competition in camp.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]The thing that is terrifying me is the Giants got projects along the Oline. The Giants Oline was the worst in the NFL last year and we didnt get 1 significant upgrade.The Giants Oline last year surrendered the Most QB pressures by 50 pressures over the 2nd team and had a running game that was dead last. Now look at the Giants schedule and how many good pass rushing teams they face. Eagles -Led the NFL in sacks,Ravens 3rd, Bengals 5th, Cowboys , 49ers tied 7th, Skins tied 10th. Thats not even taking into account the Steelers as well. If the Giants lose Eli Manning the season is over. After that 49er game i think they would be more concerned for him.[/quote]

This is just an excellent post.

I would have thought the Giants would target OL too and I was almost positive Glenn was going to be the pick in 1st...

But I can see where Reese is thinking they could be okay. They lost Beatty and will be getting him back healthy along with Baas who was hampered all year with injuries. Snee from what I was hearing wasn't one hundred percent and should be healthy after his off season procedure.

I'm thinking the Giants were thinking their OL woes were more to due with injuries than anything and the depth that played...Boothe, Petrus showed some promise. Also I think they like what they have in Brewer as well. The chemistry should be better going into a second year with the addition of the newer guys last year and also the fact there's not a strike shortened offseason as well.

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]The thing that is terrifying me is the Giants got projects along the Oline. The Giants Oline was the worst in the NFL last year and we didnt get 1 significant upgrade.The Giants Oline last year surrendered the Most QB pressures by 50 pressures over the 2nd team and had a running game that was dead last. Now look at the Giants schedule and how many good pass rushing teams they face. Eagles -Led the NFL in sacks,Ravens 3rd, Bengals 5th, Cowboys , 49ers tied 7th, Skins tied 10th. Thats not even taking into account the Steelers as well. If the Giants lose Eli Manning the season is over. After that 49er game i think they would be more concerned for him.[/quote]

This is just an excellent post.

I would have thought the Giants would target OL too and I was almost positive Glenn was going to be the pick in 1st...

But I can see where Reese is thinking they could be okay. They lost Beatty and will be getting him back healthy along with Baas who was hampered all year with injuries. Snee from what I was hearing wasn't one hundred percent and should be healthy after his off season procedure.

I'm thinking the Giants were thinking their OL woes were more to due with injuries than anything and the depth that played...Boothe, Petrus showed some promise. Also I think they like what they have in Brewer as well. The chemistry should be better going into a second year with the addition of the newer guys last year and also the fact there's not a strike shortened offseason as well.[/quote]1+

[quote user="titwio"]I'm thinking the Giants were thinking their OL woes were more to due with injuries than anything and the depth that played.....The chemistry should be better going into a second year with the addition of the newer guys last year and also the fact there's not a strike shortened offseason as well.[/quote]

Well said titwio. I have been wondering for some time how the shortened season contributed to the overall conditioning and subsequent injuries suffered last year. And time together as a unit seems to also be a critical success factor for an OL, especially when new players are introduced.