+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Randle vs. Claiborne

They know each others game I'm sure more than anyone else from competing in practice all the time.. Now they get to face off twice a year.. Should be something to look forward to.

Re: Randle vs. Claiborne

Randle should be thrilled now that he now has a QB capable of getting the ball to him

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"

I don't expect Claiborne to be covering much of Randle. He's easily better than anything the Boys have in their secondary minus Carr (at least right now) and should be covering either Nicks or Cruz.

Hell, I think that's one of the reasons why the Cowboys moved up to get him...after Eli, Nicks and Cruz destroyed them last year.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Randle should be thrilled now that he now has a QB capable of getting the ball to him[/quote]Jordan Jefferson was horrible. Ive never seen a Pro team say the QB play of a college team was bad before. The National Championship game was a joke. The guy couldnt get the ball out of his hands

[quote user="titwio"]I don't expect Claiborne to be covering much of Randle. He's easily better than anything the Boys have in their secondary minus Carr (at least right now) and should be covering either Nicks or Cruz.

Hell, I think that's one of the reasons why the Cowboys moved up to get him...after Eli, Nicks and Cruz destroyed them last year.[/quote]

Im not sure if Claiborne or Carr are going to play in the slot, Carr never did for KC, and Claiborne didnt in college. So if Randle is playing out wide, I would expect he gets matched up against Claiborne on occasion, if not more than that

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="titwio"]I don't expect Claiborne to be covering much of Randle. He's easily better than anything the Boys have in their secondary minus Carr (at least right now) and should be covering either Nicks or Cruz.

Hell, I think that's one of the reasons why the Cowboys moved up to get him...after Eli, Nicks and Cruz destroyed them last year.[/quote]

Im not sure if Claiborne or Carr are going to play in the slot, Carr never did for KC, and Claiborne didnt in college. So if Randle is playing out wide, I would expect he gets matched up against Claiborne on occasion, if not more than that[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not sure what the Giants are going to do. I thought before Randle was picked that Nicks and Cruz were going to be out wide and Jernigan was going to play the slot. Getting Randle changes everything, even though he's not guaranteed the 3rd option...Nicks and Cruz should be the guys out wide in normal formations. So I at least expect MoClaib will be on either one of them in those situations.

Cruz mentioned that he would like to stay the slot receiver so I'm guessing they'll keep him there definitely with Randle being picked in the sencond round and he can't play slot.

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]Cruz mentioned that he would like to stay the slot receiver so I'm guessing they'll keep him there definitely with Randle being picked in the sencond round and he can't play slot.[/quote]

Yea, I would expect Cruz moves into the slot when they go 3+ receiver sets. He was far too effective inside to not be used there

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]Cruz mentioned that he would like to stay the slot receiver[/quote]

Where did you read this? Not saying your wrong...I'd just like to read that article.

I see Randle and Jernigan both playing big roles next season.
    Nicks 1200 yds
    Cruz- 1300 yds
    Randle- 800
    Jernigan-600
    Bennett- 500
    rest- around 350