+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ntegrase96 Dallas

Ntegrase96 Dallas

Hey how do you feel about your draft along with Wash Egirls and G-Men

Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Veteran

Re: Ntegrase96 Dallas

I hate to say it but Dallas got a great deal with Claiborne. Huge upgrade for their secondary, and I think St. Louis should really have asked for more than just a 2nd for the pick. I know it's accurate with the trade value chart, but Claiborne is more of a top 3-4 prospect and they should have charged accordingly.

[quote user="jhamburg"]I hate to say it but Dallas got a great deal with Claiborne. Huge upgrade for their secondary, and I think St. Louis should really have asked for more than just a 2nd for the pick. I know it's accurate with the trade value chart, but Claiborne is more of a top 3-4 prospect and they should have charged accordingly.[/quote]
    I don't know how great of a deal it was. Claiborn may be a great player, but the 14th picks in the first and second are a steep price to pay, especially with having signed a high priced CB in FA and given the plethora of other needs they had.

I think dallas drafted very well, they were well aware that their 2ndary was their biggest weakness.

They addressed that issue with FA and draft choices.

Will be an interesting year to come.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I have always felt that no matter how good the D backs are if there is no pass rush you lose in the end.

For the most part I thought the draft was a head-scratcher for the Dallas Cowboys.

We essentially gave up Brockers for Claiborne, as well as a 2nd rounder. Claiborne does fill two needs for us-- CB and a solid kick returner, but I personally would have preferred to strengthen the trenches by taking Brockers (or another DE) and Center Peter Konz in the 2nd.

The rest of the draft? Well, even Garrett established that we needed a couple of starters from this draft, and I don't believe we got any... at least for the immediate future. I think Crawford could contribute this year and be pretty nasty in the future, but other than that, it wasn't a great draft for us.

The positive about this draft is that all of our draftees seem to be good character guys with good athleticism and high motors.

Giants:

It's hard to argue with what Jerry Reese does since it seems to work. But I just didn't understand the 32nd pick overall. Taking Wilson seemed like a stretch there but so did taking JPP early.

I thought that was a prime opportunity to strengthen your o line by selecting OG, Silatolu, who could've brought a violent, nasty presence to your offensive line.

The Rueben Randle pick was a really good one, but other than that I wasn't very impressed by the overall selection, but JR got good value out of the picks.

Washington and Philly:

1. Washington, way to be aggressive and get a potential pro bowl QB. Everything else... what the hell were you doing? Are you comfortable being in the NFCE basement?

2. Philadelphia's FO proves once again it can snatch up the best talent: Now if they can only put it together on the field.

They already had the best pass rush in the division/league last year, and now they add a potential pro bowl defensive tackle with Fletcher Cox, AND a first round talent worthy defensive end with Vinny Curry.

Then they somehow managed to grab Brandon Boykin to help fill the void left by Asante.

And it's clear to me that they're going to make Nick Foles look like an exceptional quarterback for trade value so they can continue to manipulate the rest of the league into giving them more opportunities to snatch up even more talent.

Well played, Philly.

Ntegrase96 Thanks for the input. I also really believe and hate to say so Philly is the team to beat this year.

Only weak or inconsistent part on that Philly team is the QB.

Going to be a lot of fun watching this division lay it on each other this year.

Veteran

As long as Vick is injury prone, i can't say Eagles are the team to beat.

Who do they even have to back him up? A rookie?

+ Reply to Thread