+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

All-Pro

hindsight draft 2012

Now that we know who would have went where. What picks would you want the giants to have made

Re: hindsight draft 2012

The same ones they made.

Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

Otherwise the whole draft, value wise was a home run by and large.

Now to see if they actually get that value out of them.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

RD1: Courtney Upshaw (can't believe he made it out of the first round)
    RD2: Sanu (I'm fine with RR, but he's gonna have to do more than he did in college.. didn't have much of a qb though)
    RD3: Massie or Lamar Miller
    RD4: Dequan Menzie
    RD4: Senio Kelemete or Vick Ballard
    RD6: McCants or Cam Johnson
    RD7: Kuhn

[quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

Now to see if they actually get that value out of them.[/quote]
    Lol, u have so little faith in the Giants management that you think they picked an UDFA in the 4th round?.....after his pro day I heard a number of NFL people calling him a mid round pick

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

Lol, u have so little faith in the Giants management that you think they picked an UDFA in the 4th round?.....after his pro day I heard a number of NFL people calling him a mid round pick
    [/quote]

Where did you "hear" this

Just because the giants had a high grade on him doesnt mean the rest of the NFL did. Anything other than such is pure speculation. He could have easily gone 7th round just as easily he could have gone 3rd round

If I had to redo the draft:

1- Brian Quick
    2- Dwayne Allen
    3- Bobbie Massie
    4 - Jared Crick (t/ up)
    7 - DaJohn Harris

1. Cordy Glenn OT/G Georgia

2. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

3. Jayron Hosley CB Va.Tech

4. Brandon Mosley OT Auburn

4. Danny Coale WR Va.Tech

6. Cam Johnson DE Virginia

7. Chris Polk RB Washington

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

[/quote]

"Faith" has nothing to do with it. It is what it is.

And no TE has a mid-round grade that has a total of 12 receptions in his senior year (29 receptions in 4 years of college I might add).

I look at draft grades from multiple sources just like everyone else. The highest grade I've found on him was as a possible 7th rounder.

Adrien Robinson is the definition of a reach since the probability was that he wasn't going to be drafted.

I mean this kid would have been a reach in the 6th round lol.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

[/quote]

"Faith" has nothing to do with it. It is what it is.

And no TE has a mid-round grade that has a total of 12 receptions in his senior year (29 receptions in 4 years of college I might add).

I look at draft grades from multiple sources just like everyone else. The highest grade I've found on him was as a possible 7th rounder.

Adrien Robinson is the definition of a reach since the probability was that he wasn't going to be drafted.

I mean this kid would have been a reach in the 6th round lol.[/quote]

While I completely agree with you, Reese does this every once in a while.

Look at Jaquain Williams, I think its very possible if not likely he goes undrafted if we dont pick him in the 5th. Few knew who he was. Analysts were stumped. Yet we picked him the 5th. We spent a 6th rounder on Adrian Tracy, another guy who very well could have gone undrafted. Reese doesnt mind swinging for the fences on kids he likes. If the reports are true about this kids pro day numbers then he is the best athlete at the TE position in the draft, on top of that, he is an actual end like blocking TE, something rare in college football these days.