+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hindsight draft 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    [quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

Otherwise the whole draft, value wise was a home run by and large.

Now to see if they actually get that value out of them.
    Lol, u have so little faith in the Giants management that you think they picked an UDFA in the 4th round?.....after his pro day I heard a number of NFL people calling him a mid round pick
    [/quote]

"Faith" has nothing to do with it. It is what it is.

And no TE has a mid-round grade that has a total of 12 receptions in his senior year (29 receptions in 4 years of college I might add).

I look at draft grades from multiple sources just like everyone else. The highest grade I've found on him was as a possible 7th rounder.

Adrien Robinson is the definition of a reach since the probability was that he wasn't going to be drafted.

I mean this kid would have been a reach in the 6th round lol.[/quote]

While I completely agree with you, Reese does this every once in a while.

Look at Jaquain Williams, I think its very possible if not likely he goes undrafted if we dont pick him in the 5th. Few knew who he was. Analysts were stumped. Yet we picked him the 5th. We spent a 6th rounder on Adrian Tracy, another guy who very well could have gone undrafted. Reese doesnt mind swinging for the fences on kids he likes. If the reports are true about this kids pro day numbers then he is the best athlete at the TE position in the draft, on top of that, he is an actual end like blocking TE, something rare in college football these days.[/QUOTE] I dissagree about Tracy.. As Redeye can atest to, he was a guy i was hoping for in the 6th rd when we picked.. I expected em to go in the late 5th rd range, somewhere around when Arthur Moats went, who was another small school kid who u probably would of had up here as a guy jerry reached for had we picked em, but in reality, both were real prospects who most generally had getting picked before RD 7.. Tracy was ridiculous small school prospect with a non stop motor, relentless stats, and on top of that, he was like really really bright, if i recall.. Not to mention, built like a OX..

Jaquain Williams was also diffrent then Robinson, because Williams produced at S.FLA.. He wasen't just a guy who was thrown in there because of his combine numbers.. Like i said right after researching him that day we drafted em, "i could see this kid going in the 2nd rd if he stayed at S.FLA for another yr and his numbers increased a tad like most prospects do yr to yr"... And we took em at the end of RD 6, which is generally when u start reaching for guys anyways.. I doubted Adrien Robinson then, and i still doubt em.. I would be shocked if he had any kinda significant role on this team down the line, all though i'd been wrong before...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    1. Cordy Glenn OT/G Georgia

2. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

3. Jayron Hosley CB Va.Tech

4. Brandon Mosley OT Auburn

4. Danny Coale WR Va.Tech

6. Cam Johnson DE Virginia

7. Chris Polk RB Washington

I really like my hindsight mock draft.. Like i said at the time, my favorite pick was the Hosley pick, and i for sure would of taken Cordy Glenn in 1st rd over Wilson, which right now, Glenn looks like a future multiple Pro Bowl player for the bills.. Dwayne Allen hasen't been super big in the reg season, but showed alot in the preseason, and has showed enough to make me a believer in his future overall.. He'd be great to have sitting in the wings waiting and learning, untill Bennett gets the big contract hes probably gonna get in the offseason.. Obviously, its still really early to tell, and i really can't say much about the other guys i have in hindsight draft as opposed to our real draft..

1. Cordy Glenn OT/G Georgia

2. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

3. Jayron Hosley CB Va.Tech

4. Brandon Mosley OT Auburn

4. Danny Coale WR Va.Tech

6. Cam Johnson DE Virginia

7. Chris Polk RB Washington

Im still puzzled by Glenn .All the rumors claimed the Giants were high on him unless it was a smoke screen but I dont think so.It was said on draft day he was the highest player on the Giants board. Either the Giants got cold feet because of his medical or they werent high on any other RB's and they felt they had to get 1. Im going to be very pissed if Wilson doesnt get on the field this season. Its a waste if he doesnt.

No 1 should be picking Greg Childs he tore ACL/MCL in both knees in training camp his career is over

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    [quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead). Otherwise the whole draft, value wise was a home run by and large. Now to see if they actually get that value out of them.
    Lol, u have so little faith in the Giants management that you think they picked an UDFA in the 4th round?.....after his pro day I heard a number of NFL people calling him a mid round pick
    [/quote] "Faith" has nothing to do with it. It is what it is. And no TE has a mid-round grade that has a total of 12 receptions in his senior year (29 receptions in 4 years of college I might add). I look at draft grades from multiple sources just like everyone else. The highest grade I've found on him was as a possible 7th rounder. Adrien Robinson is the definition of a reach since the probability was that he wasn't going to be drafted. I mean this kid would have been a reach in the 6th round lol.[/quote]

While I completely agree with you, Reese does this every once in a while.

Look at Jaquain Williams, I think its very possible if not likely he goes undrafted if we dont pick him in the 5th. Few knew who he was. Analysts were stumped. Yet we picked him the 5th. We spent a 6th rounder on Adrian Tracy, another guy who very well could have gone undrafted. Reese doesnt mind swinging for the fences on kids he likes. If the reports are true about this kids pro day numbers then he is the best athlete at the TE position in the draft, on top of that, he is an actual end like blocking TE, something rare in college football these days.
    [/quote]

We took Williams in the 6th . . . .

[/quote]

You are right, but the point still stands. There is little chance he gets drafted if we dont take him. No other teams had shown any interest in him and I suspect few knew who he was.

And for the record, many of the teams who brought Robinson in for an interview ended up drafting a TE. There were also reportedly enough teams at his pro day to see his outstanding performance that I very seriously doubt he goes undrafted as is suggested above.
    [/quote]

I don't disagree . . . . I think that a lot ofteams take 6th and 7th roundersthat have a chance to go undrafted because: (1) they like the player; and (2) don't want to risk losing him once the bidding for UDFA's starts. Taking a guy in the draft obvioulsy insures that he wil be on your team . . . . eliminates the uncertainty of bidding for the player once the draft ends . . . .

[/QUOTE]
    2 other teams I saw that like Jacquain Williams Bears and Bucs. I think Robinson would of got drafted but not until at least the 6th round. Even the Giants admitted they were targeting him for the 5th round. I dont get why if u have a 5th rd grade on a guy u draft him in the 4th. U can move up and down u dont have to pick him right then

1. Cordy Glenn OT/G - Would have a monster season at RT for us and depending on Beatty's future, could possibly of moved to LT

2. Rueben Randle WR - He's the future with Cruz. As much as I love Nicks, I don't see a longterm contract for him from the Giants.

3. Jayron Hosley CB - Love what he has done so far. Perfect slot corner.

4a. Malik Jackson DE - Has good size to play on the left side of the line. Would trust him more to stop the run than our current depth behind Tuck.

4b. Alfred Morris/Vick Ballard RB - I was always a Ballard fan around the 4th to 6th but it seems Morris would of been a fine choice as well.

6. Audie Cole LB - Shined in the preseason but even though, would make excellent depth and a good ST player.

7. Markus Kuhn DT - I'm convinced he can be an impact player for us in 2013 or 2014. He has the talent, just needs to work on his technique.

Veteran
    [quote user="lawl"]branchRandleCharlesraineyIloka[/QUOTE]I guess mine was ok. Not drafting a cb was a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    1. Cordy Glenn OT/G - Would have a monster season at RT for us and depending on Beatty's future, could possibly of moved to LT

2. Rueben Randle WR - He's the future with Cruz. As much as I love Nicks, I don't see a longterm contract for him from the Giants.

3. Jayron Hosley CB - Love what he has done so far. Perfect slot corner.

4a. Malik Jackson DE - Has good size to play on the left side of the line. Would trust him more to stop the run than our current depth behind Tuck.

4b. Alfred Morris/Vick Ballard RB - I was always a Ballard fan around the 4th to 6th but it seems Morris would of been a fine choice as well.

6. Audie Cole LB - Shined in the preseason but even though, would make excellent depth and a good ST player.

7. Markus Kuhn DT - I'm convinced he can be an impact player for us in 2013 or 2014. He has the talent, just needs to work on his technique.
    Did u do a hinsight mock when we did this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im still puzzled by Glenn .All the rumors claimed the Giants were high on him unless it was a smoke screen but I dont think so.It was said on draft day he was the highest player on the Giants board. Either the Giants got cold feet because of his medical or they werent high on any other RB's and they felt they had to get 1. Im going to be very pissed if Wilson doesnt get on the field this season. Its a waste if he doesnt.

No 1 should be picking Greg Childs he tore ACL/MCL in both knees in training camp his career is over
    I dont have Greg Childs in my hindisght mock? I agree about Glenn.. It is very puzzling with the value we've gotten outta later RD RB's in the past.. Like i said then and stick 2, the only 2 RB's i had 1st rd grades on were Wilson and Martin.. I still think we'd of taken Martin if he was on the board... Glenn would of been a beast 1st rd pick, that i sure wish we made!

Did u do a hinsight mock when we did this thread?
    Nah. I must of not caught it when it was originally relevant.

+ Reply to Thread