+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: hindsight draft 2012

[quote user="Neverend"]Honestly I'd keep things the same but instead draft Juron crier with their 6th. And perhaps cam johnson with their 7th[/quote] Juron Criner went to the Raiders in the 5th, i think...

1. Cordy Glenn OT/G Georgia

2. Dwayne Allen TE Clemson

3. Jayron Hosley CB Va.Tech

4. Brandon Mosley OT Auburn

4. Danny Coale WR Va.Tech

6. Cam Johnson DE Virginia

7. Chris Polk RB Washington

[quote user="gmen0820"]1. Coby Fleener 2. Trumaine Johnson 3. Cyrus Gray or Lamar Miller 4a. Greg Childs or George Iloka 4b. Marvin Jones or George Iloka 6. Nate Potter 7. Andrew Datko[/quote] Thats pretty freaking solid, dude... Well done..

Veteran

[quote user="gmen0820"]1. Coby Fleener

2. Trumaine Johnson

3. Cyrus Gray or Lamar Miller

4a. Greg Childs or George Iloka

4b. Marvin Jones or George Iloka

6. Nate Potter

7. Andrew Datko[/quote]

1. C. Fleener
    2. R. Randle
    3. L. Miller
    4. J. Massaquoi
    4b. S. Kelemete
    6. C. Johnson
    7. A. Datko

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="lawl"]Now that we know who would have went where. What picks would you want the giants to have made[/quote]

Why don't you tell us who you would have picked???

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[quote user="lawl"]Now that we know who would have went where. What picks would you want the giants to have made[/quote]

Why don't you tell us who you would have picked???

[/quote]

branch
    Randle
    Charles
    rainey
    Iloka

1. David Wilson - I liked the pick. Versatile back who isn't afraid to deliver contact. Obviously ball security is a concern.

2. Dwayne Allen - TE is a position of need an Allen does everything the Giants want in a TE. He's good at blocking and is much more versatile in the passing game than any TE the Giants have had in the past decade. Really surprised he wasn't the pick.

3. Bobbie Massie- Equally as surprised he wasn't the pick. I never once thought he'd be available at this pick. If I were GM, I would have been run to the table to hand in the pick. Everyone here knows our OL needs work and Massie might have been able to go in and start at RT immediately.

All that said I'm generally happy with our draft. One thing that Reese has made evident. His draft board is different than just about everyone else's in the league and he doesn't care who he picks so long as he believes the pick has value.

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

Otherwise the whole draft, value wise was a home run by and large.

Now to see if they actually get that value out of them.[/quote]
    Lol, u have so little faith in the Giants management that you think they picked an UDFA in the 4th round?.....after his pro day I heard a number of NFL people calling him a mid round pick
    [/quote]

"Faith" has nothing to do with it. It is what it is.

And no TE has a mid-round grade that has a total of 12 receptions in his senior year (29 receptions in 4 years of college I might add).

I look at draft grades from multiple sources just like everyone else. The highest grade I've found on him was as a possible 7th rounder.

Adrien Robinson is the definition of a reach since the probability was that he wasn't going to be drafted.

I mean this kid would have been a reach in the 6th round lol.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

Lol, u have so little faith in the Giants management that you think they picked an UDFA in the 4th round?.....after his pro day I heard a number of NFL people calling him a mid round pick
    [/quote]

And no TE has a mid-round grade that has a total of 12 receptions in his senior year (29 receptions in 4 years of college I might add).

I look at draft grades from multiple sources just like everyone else. The highest grade I've found on him was as a possible 7th rounder.

Adrien Robinson is the definition of a reach since the probability was that he wasn't going to be drafted.

I mean this kid would have been a reach in the 6th round lol.[/quote]

While I completely agree with you, Reese does this every once in a while.

Look at Jaquain Williams, I think its very possible if not likely he goes undrafted if we dont pick him in the 5th. Few knew who he was. Analysts were stumped. Yet we picked him the 5th. We spent a 6th rounder on Adrian Tracy, another guy who very well could have gone undrafted. Reese doesnt mind swinging for the fences on kids he likes. If the reports are true about this kids pro day numbers then he is the best athlete at the TE position in the draft, on top of that, he is an actual end like blocking TE, something rare in college football these days.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Kruunch"]Adrien Robinson was the only pick that really had me scratching my head. I would have picked up George Iloka (instead of Janzen Jackson as a UDFA and grabbed Robinson as a UDFA instead).

[/quote]

I mean this kid would have been a reach in the 6th round lol.[/quote]

While I completely agree with you, Reese does this every once in a while.

Look at Jaquain Williams, I think its very possible if not likely he goes undrafted if we dont pick him in the 5th. Few knew who he was. Analysts were stumped. Yet we picked him the 5th. We spent a 6th rounder on Adrian Tracy, another guy who very well could have gone undrafted. Reese doesnt mind swinging for the fences on kids he likes. If the reports are true about this kids pro day numbers then he is the best athlete at the TE position in the draft, on top of that, he is an actual end like blocking TE, something rare in college football these days.