Re: New Nicknames

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Couple of nickname thoughts for our new prospects

Wilson- "Half man Half amazing"
    Randle- "The Vandal"
    Jayron Hosley- "Area 51" (no fly zone)
    Adrien Robinson- "Manimal"
    Kuhn- "Blitzkrieg"

thoughts?[/quote]

Im not a nickname guy, in fact I dont think the league is a nickname league anymore.

I would also add that your nickname for Kuhn would likely be offensive to not only Kuhm himself but many germans as well as many others, including the Jewish community.

Just a pro tip here, if you ever go to Europe, dont associate a german person with Nazi Germany. They get a lil angry about that.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Couple of nickname thoughts for our new prospects

Randle- "The Vandal"
    Kuhn- "Blitzkrieg"

thoughts?[/quote]

Im not a nickname guy, in fact I dont think the league is a nickname league anymore.

I would also add that your nickname for Kuhn would likely be offensive to not only Kuhm himself but many germans as well as many others, including the Jewish community.

Just a pro tip here, if you ever go to Europe, dont associate a german person with Nazi Germany. They get a lil angry about that.
    [/quote]

"Pro tips"? explaining to the OP what happened in the 1940s? like he did not know that?

its called a SENSE OF HUMOR. Hes not going to go to europe and shout that out. Stop trying to be a smart ***. My God, people nowadays

I like Rabbit Wilson

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Couple of nickname thoughts for our new prospects

Randle- "The Vandal"
    Kuhn- "Blitzkrieg"

thoughts?[/quote]

[/quote]

"Pro tips"? explaining to the OP what happened in the 1940s? like he did not know that?

its called a SENSE OF HUMOR. Hes not going to go to europe and shout that out. Stop trying to be a smart ***. My God, people nowadays[/quote]

A nickname is a joke? I didnt know that.

As I said, I am not a nickname guy, but if I was, Im pretty sure Iwould advise against trying to give your player a Nazi "joke" nickname.

and FYI, I did not say I would be offended, I said HE would be as well as a WHOLE bunch of others. Do you think it is a good idea to give a player a nickname that is a pure insult to him?

Double R was cool with me.

Blitzkrieg would also be offensive to the French as well. Double whammy man.

Blitzkrieg (German, "lightning war"; listen (help·info)) is an anglicised word[1][2][3][Notes 1] describing all-motorised force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power, concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank. Through constant motion, the blitzkrieg attempts to keep its enemy off-balance, making it difficult to respond effectively at any given point before the front has already moved on.

Not racist *******s. Breaks through enemy lines with force and speed sounds like a D-tackle to me.

[quote user="XxBigWhitxX"]Blitzkrieg (German, "lightning war"; listen (help·info)) is an anglicised word[1][2][3][Notes 1] describing all-motorised force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power, concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank. Through constant motion, the blitzkrieg attempts to keep its enemy off-balance, making it difficult to respond effectively at any given point before the front has already moved on.

Not racist *******s. Breaks through enemy lines with force and speed sounds like a D-tackle to me.[/quote]

It isnt an offensive word by pure definition or translation. You are correct. But neither is the word "slave." However, associating a German with the word "blitzkrieg" for no other reason than he is German, is a problem.

As I said, find a German and ask him for yourself if he thinks it is a good nickname. I lived in Germany for a year, I think I know what the response will be. I am not even bringing up what other groups would think about that nickname.

Anyways, Im done with this topic, if you want to call him that feel free. I won't.

This is really happening? My Head hurts