+ Reply to Thread

Its way early but THE FUTURE

looking at the age of our roster, the Giants are a very young team. Albeit young, the players have valuable experience and with it have the potential to return to the playoffs for many years to come. From my post to gods ears!

I know it is way to early to say this but looking at the age of the players on our roster, based upon the positions where there are older players and/or are paid alot of money, I can see the Giants drafting for future:

DE Replacement depth to groom if we loose Osi
    DT Addition to replace Canty - Salary??
    LB Always good to have
    S Addition to replace Rolle Salary ??
    C Baas will be going into 8th year
    G Snee will be going into 9th year
    K Tynes will be going into year 9 and doesnt consistently get the ball into the End Zone, although i feel he did very well last year.
    QB (Carr 10 years) We need a new QB to groom and serve as a backup

Veteran

Re: Its way early but THE FUTURE

[quote user="paul007"]looking at the age of our roster, the Giants are a very young team. Albeit young, the players have valuable experience and with it have the potential to return to the playoffs for many years to come. From my post to gods ears!

I know it is way to early to say this but looking at the age of the players on our roster, based upon the positions where there are older players and/or are paid alot of money, I can see the Giants drafting for future:

LB Always good to have
    K Tynes will be going into year 9 and doesnt consistently get the ball into the End Zone, although i feel he did very well last year.
    QB (Carr 10 years) We need a new QB to groom and serve as a backup[/quote]

Giants need to make a QB move soon. This year Kirk Cousins would have been a good option.

[quote user="par404"][quote user="paul007"]looking at the age of our roster, the Giants are a very young team. Albeit young, the players have valuable experience and with it have the potential to return to the playoffs for many years to come. From my post to gods ears!

LB Always good to have

Giants need to make a QB move soon. This year Kirk Cousins would have been a good option.
    [/quote]

..?

Veteran

Eli's still got time left

That said, I would imagine in the next couple years they may pick up a qb to begin to groom. All depends on circumstance, I'm sure

[quote user="par404"][quote user="paul007"]looking at the age of our roster, the Giants are a very young team. Albeit young, the players have valuable experience and with it have the potential to return to the playoffs for many years to come. From my post to gods ears!

LB Always good to have

[/quote]
    If by soon you mean in 5 years, then I agree.

[quote user="Axels15"]Eli's still got time left

That said, I would imagine in the next couple years they may pick up a qb to begin to groom. All depends on circumstance, I'm sure[/quote]

Knock on wood. Eli is healthy and he is very durable. The way the NFL tries to protect QB's, Eli may very well be able to play into his 40's....that's another 10 years! Drafting a QB will be based on Eli's projected longevity....if he is continuing to play at a high level at 36 why the heck wouldn't you expect him to continue for another 3 or 4 years beyond that?

I think next draft will be the first one in which a relatively early pick might be used on a promising, developmental QB.

Up to this point, I dont think ANY prospect at QB would warrant a 2-4 round pick by the Gmen. Expect that window to open. . .even if it's not fulfilled next draft.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I think next draft will be the first one in which a relatively early pick might be used on a promising, developmental QB.

Up to this point, I dont think ANY prospect at QB would warrant a 2-4 round pick by the Gmen. Expect that window to open. . .even if it's not fulfilled next draft.
    [/quote]

Disagree

I hope and would like to see Eli play for at least another 6-7 years! however Kirk Cousins would have been a good QB to be backup for future.

I am ok with Carr going into this season but i would like to see us consider a good qb, just in case something happened to Eli.

It would be nce to have a new young QB sit and watch and learn for 3 years. It provides insurance knowing that we have a competent backup.