+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Can someone explain to me how David Wilson is a reach??

When Trent Richardson is chosen #3 in the first round and the Giants pick Wilson with pick #32? Considering the following:

1. Richardson has a higher grade than Wilson but is it THAT much higher??
    2. Most NFL teams have a two back system??

Link

David Wilson/RB/NY Giants/Pick No. 32 -- Wilson is an explosive ballcarrier who picks up big chunks of yardage from the line of scrimmage. He's not a physical ball carrier and has an undeveloped game. The Giants selected him at least a half round earlier than his talents warranted.

All-Pro

Re: Can someone explain to me how David Wilson is a reach??

He is a reach because his name is not Martin, Fleener, or Hill.

There were a lot of mocks I read previously before the draft mocking David Wilson to the Giants...Even WalterFootball had him going to the Giants a couple of weeks ago.

The only reason people are saying it was a reach was because of some of the names that dropped to 32...like Glenn, Upshaw, Martin, Hill, Fleener etc... Wilson was and is a 1st round talent and not a reach at all imo. So many people just didn't see the Giants taking a RB and it threw them through a loop.

It's just one person's opinion. You should never take anyone's mock as gospel.

All-Pro

I'm not saying Wilson won't perform well for us, but I feel like there were other players that have a way higher upside that we passed up on. AKA Courtney Upshaw. He will be a star in this league.

Could of got a player like Turbin in the 3rd or Polk LATE. Bradshaw is still our starter. Ware most likely is our backup incase AB gets injured again because Coughlin trusts him right now, unlike Wilson who has a fumbling issue. Until that is resolved, he wont see more then Scott did last year.

You want to know the answer? Well, anyone on this board who says they know for sure is talking out of their butt.

The only way we would know for a fact if the Giants reached for Wilson would be if all 32 NFL teams released their "big board" for the public to see.

If every other team had Wilson ranked around #40 to #60, that would mean the Giants reached. If he was ranked lower than #32, it would be considered a value pick.

Since teams don't release their big boards for obvious reasons, we are only left to what public knowledge we can gather.

Reach = they picked someone I didn't.

Means nothing.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

These analyst are ****ing idiots. Reese states they didn't want Martin yet these idiots say "the giants panicked" when Martin was taken. Were these analyst in the war room? If these guys were so good they'd be working for a nfl team.

All-Pro

It was only a reach if Reese didn't have him highest on his board. He said he did. He said he had him slightly in front of Martin, which you can agree or disagree. If this kid truely was Reese's top player left, and he filled our need, it should be a great pick. If he only took him because Martin got snagged and we NEED a RB, then it was a reach.

We probably will never know for sure.

Veteran

[quote user="Snappinnecks"]When Trent Richardson is chosen #3 in the first round and the Giants pick Wilson with pick #32? Considering the following:

1. Richardson has a higher grade than Wilson but is it THAT much higher??
    2. Most NFL teams have a two back system??

Link

David Wilson/RB/NY Giants/Pick No. 32 -- Wilson is an explosive ballcarrier who picks up big chunks of yardage from the line of scrimmage. He's not a physical ball carrier and has an undeveloped game. The Giants selected him at least a half round earlier than his talents warranted.
    [/quote]

You're the editor for a web magazine/blog. Your business model revolves around advertising. Advertising dollars revolve around page views. Page views revolve around content that is buzz worthy.

It's Monday morning and the draft is long over. You can have someone write up another story about how the Giants made a good selection in Wilson, or you can be one of the first to go against the grain, giving readers a different opinion than everyone else. Obviously you'll get traffic from angry fans who will take your words so seriously.