+ Reply to Thread

Danny Ware still Third Down Back?

Does he keep his job as the third down back? I thought he did a nice job there last year. He is not flashy so a lot of fans dont love him, but he doesnt make many mistakes, and he does some nice things. would be great to have bradshaw and wilson rotating in with their main packages, and ware taking the third and longs.
    i dont know much about Wilson, is he a third down type of back? Its rare that rookies step in and play passing downs as the protection is so important. especially with 10 back there, don't let that guy get hit!

Re: Danny Ware still Third Down Back?

I think the playing time for the RB's will result in who can pick up the blocking aspect of the game quickest for both Scott and Wilson.

I think there are some decent vet RB's left unsigned. Id sign one for the vet minimum
    The Gigalo with the most below

It's going to depend, for sure. Last year we had 4 backs on the 53-man roster, and generally 3 were active in each game. So we would THINK it'd be AB, Wilson, Scott, and Ware ... but as for who will generally be scratched? That'll be worked out in training game and the pre-season.

[quote user="LT_was_good"]It's going to depend, for sure. Last year we had 4 backs on the 53-man roster, and generally 3 were active in each game. So we would THINK it'd be AB, Wilson, Scott, and Ware ... but as for who will generally be scratched? That'll be worked out in training game and the pre-season.
    [/quote]

Yep, though I doubt they drafted Wilson in the 1st round for him to be a game day scratch. He'll get carries, but he'll need to prove to be a better blocker and pass catcher than Ware for him to take that role.

Ppl like to knock Ware all the time on these boards meanwhile he's been pretty good as our third back. He's not flashy, but he's smart and doesn't make alot of mistakes.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Veteran

Danny Ware is a slow pluger. Giants like him because he does not fumble.

I hope not. He has shown nothing in the time he has been in there.