+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have we ever drafted a stud RB in round 1

I'm 35, been a giant fan my whole life, but the only 1st round RB I ever remember us taking is Ron dayne. Can anyone name any other RBs we took in the 1st that was great.

Veteran

Re: Have we ever drafted a stud RB in round 1

[quote user="Pa1jintfan"]I'm 35, been a giant fan my whole life, but the only 1st round RB I ever remember us taking is Ron dayne. Can anyone name any other RBs we took in the 1st that was great.[/quote]

Rodney Hampton.

[quote user="Pa1jintfan"]I'm 35, been a giant fan my whole life, but the only 1st round RB I ever remember us taking is Ron dayne. Can anyone name any other RBs we took in the 1st that was great.[/quote]

Here is a list of our drafts* from 1967 to 2011 I don't* see* a RB going first and not many LB which would seem odd also.the list HERE

.JMFP oops Hampton I sit corrected

Last LB we picked in the first rd was Carl Banks 1984 28 some years ago how odd is that given how many we have drafted
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Let's not forget hall of famer Frank Gifford.

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Pa1jintfan"]I'm 35, been a giant fan my whole life, but the only 1st round RB I ever remember us taking is Ron dayne. Can anyone name any other RBs we took in the 1st that was great.[/quote]

Rodney Hampton.[/quote]

yikes Wheatly Thompson and Bunch Adams man there has been some.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

[quote user="ibbill"][quote user="JMFP2"][quote user="Pa1jintfan"]I'm 35, been a giant fan my whole life, but the only 1st round RB I ever remember us taking is Ron dayne. Can anyone name any other RBs we took in the 1st that was great.[/quote]

Rodney Hampton.[/quote]

yikes Wheatly Thompson and Bunch Adams man there has been some.[/quote]

Don't forget Butch Woofolk(sp) he was kind of a bust but Joe Morris was the second pick that year and had a nice career here......Thompson was a wide receiver all he did was return kicks.......D
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

All-Pro

What the Hell happened to Ron dayne anyway? He was a mega beast in college. Was it a factor of bad coaching and bad oline? Or did he just flat out not give a crap?

[quote user="TuckYou"]What the Hell happened to Ron dayne anyway? He was a mega beast in college. Was it a factor of bad coaching and bad oline? Or did he just flat out not give a crap?[/quote]

The toe tapping at the line of scrimmage he got away with in college didn't work in the NFL.

He wasn't quick enough to pull that off and never ran with enough power for his frame.

Basically he was a chunky slow guy.

Also gained a lot of weight between his rookie and sophmore years in the NFL.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Tucker Frederickson

Position: RB
    Height: 6-2 Weight: 220 lbs.

Born: January 12, 1943 in Fort Lauderdale, FL (Age 69)
    College: Auburn (school history)
    Drafted by the New York Giants in the 1st round (1st overall) of the 1965 NFL Draft.

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="TuckYou"]What the Hell happened to Ron dayne anyway? He was a mega beast in college. Was it a factor of bad coaching and bad oline? Or did he just flat out not give a crap?[/quote]

The toe tapping at the line of scrimmage he got away with in college didn't work in the NFL.

He wasn't quick enough to pull that off and never ran with enough power for his frame.

Basically he was a chunky slow guy.

Also gained a lot of weight between his rookie and sophmore years in the NFL.[/quote]
    He got really lazy and didn't work hard after his rookie year.