+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sorry Osi, I can't agree

Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig???

Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!!

Re: Sorry Osi, I can't agree

[quote user="hungrrrry"]Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig??? Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!![/quote]

He will never get that from our beloved team. The reality is that every play Osi is on the field is a play where our best defensive player (JPP) plays out of position.

Osi is barely worth the $4MM+ he's getting this year.

Its time to move on from Osi.

Get well soon 80.

Osi is a situational pass rusher that has proven to be injury prone. He is a one dimensional player. I don't blame the guy for wanting to get as much money as possible. He has that right. Our FO has the right to disagree with his self-assessment as well
    Close or you hit the bricks

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="hungrrrry"]Osi, you need to realize that because of your age and injury history, you won't be paid the money you want. It doesn't work like that. I, as many fans, would like you to either play out your contract and move on in 2013 or come to grips that NO ONE is going to pay you that kind of money. You could have another 13 sack season in 2012 but that will not get you more than a contract worth $7 mil/year, it not only $6 mil/yr. You could finish your career with something on the order of 4 years $27 mil and live quite comfortably. It pains us all to see some of you players pining about the multi-millions you believe you are worth when all us fans want are guys that want to just go out and play great football, and it is becoming all too clear that you are about the money! Don't you think that YOU do look like a greedy pig??? Seriously dude, get real! We all would love to be in a position of control when it comes to our income. Thousands of your fans (Yes, Osi fans) could possibly not even have a job yet read about how you would turn down $5+ million guarranteed. Come on man!!![/quote]

He will never get that from our beloved team. The reality is that every play Osi is on the field is a play where our best defensive player (JPP) plays out of position.

[/quote]

Completely but respectfullydisagree. Osi is our best pass rusher and most disruptive DE when talking pressure and QB sacks and strips WHEN HE IS ON THE FIELD. Osi makes others around him better. JPP can one day surpass him, but as of right now, no way. There is a reason our defense got much much better when Osi came back from injury.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Completely but respectfullydisagree. Osi is our best pass rusher and most disruptive DE when talking pressure and QB sacks and strips WHEN HE IS ON THE FIELD. Osi makes others around him better. JPP can one day surpass him, but as of right now, no way. There is a reason our defense got much much better when Osi came back from injury.

[/quote]Don't talk sense, it's not allowed.They will all be happy when Osi plays out this year, and then signs with deep pockets D.Snyder or J. Jones, and comes back to run rings around Diehl and B slap Eli all over the place.

All-Pro

[quote user="radar-ray"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Don't talk sense, it's not allowed.They will all be happy when Osi plays out this year, and then signs with deep pockets D.Snyder or J. Jones, and comes back to run rings around Diehl and B slap Eli all over the place.[/quote]

Hopefully its Beatty vs Osi. DD would get worked.

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="radar-ray"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Don't talk sense, it's not allowed.They will all be happy when Osi plays out this year, and then signs with deep pockets D.Snyder or J. Jones, and comes back to run rings around Diehl and B slap Eli all over the place.[/quote]

Hopefully its Beatty vs Osi. DD would get worked.

[/quote]Agree, but I don't think it will make that much difference.

Osi defenders , no one said he wasnt a good player. He just needs to stop whining, if he doesnt like the extension then don't sign it, play hard and maybe you will get what you want next season(doubtful because of age) Now maybe if he could stay in his gap and stop the run also JR would have offered more.

[quote user="Harooni"]Osi defenders , no one said he wasnt a good player. He just needs to stop whining, if he doesnt like the extension then don't sign it, play hard and maybe you will get what you want next season(doubtful because of age) Now maybe if he could stay in his gap and stop the run also JR would have offered more.
    [/quote]This boards whining makes Osi look like he has lockjaw. I care about how he plays not bs.

Veteran

For an oft injured, part-time player (last year) who can't/won't play the run (benched 2 years ago), & clubhouse malcontent. I just can't see giving you a raise Mr Osi, when frankly speaking I'm kicking myself for giving you a 4 year contract instead of 3 years & having to go through this once again@ the start of a new season. The way I see it, you're the last of the team cancers, NONE of whom have been missed by the way, Mr Barber, Mr Burress, Mr Shockey, & Mr Jacobs..." Grab your lunch pail & don't let the door hit you in the a__ on the way out Mr Osi....Management"