+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adrien Robinson. . . . .meet Mike Pope!!!!!

Re: Adrien Robinson. . . . .meet Mike Pope!!!!!

Not to slander Pope, but he looks just like Jerry Sandusky.

Other than that, great coach.

[quote user="JJC7301"]Not to slander Pope, but he looks just like Jerry Sandusky.

Other than that, great coach.[/quote]

Why did you have to put that in my mind?

Veteran

I love Mike Pope but honestly he hasn't done much with Travis Beckham since we drafted him.

Hopefully he can help develop Robinson.

[quote user="Evo'Ed"]I love Mike Pope but honestly he hasn't done much with Travis Beckham since we drafted him..[/quote]

Coaches arent miracle workers.

[quote user="Breezely"][quote user="JJC7301"]Not to slander Pope, but he looks just like Jerry Sandusky.

Other than that, great coach.[/quote]

Why did you have to put that in my mind?[/quote]
    I know, I know but the physical resemblance was too much not to point out. Sorry Mr. Pope -- didn't mean to slander your good name.

[quote user="Evo'Ed"]I love Mike Pope but honestly he hasn't done much with Travis Beckham since we drafted him.

Hopefully he can help develop Robinson.[/quote]umm have you been watching? As Travis is consistently hurt andd off the field... Cant help when you aint playing
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Evo'Ed"]I love Mike Pope but honestly he hasn't done much with Travis Beckham since we drafted him..[/quote]

Coaches arent miracle workers.[/quote]
    +1. You can't transform every player.

If Beckum ever makes it back into a Giants uniform, they should just make him a WR. I think he's got some talent catching, but he's just not a TE.

And you can't ignore what he did with Boss and especially Ballard. And Pascoe has been useful as well.

I know everyone loves mike pope and all

... but i think coaching is slightly overrated. if the player isnt willing to put the work in whats the point? if the player is the last one in, first one to leave, works out and wants to get it over with, puts no effort in the film room ,etc does it really matter what pope does?

not saying robinson is a guy with poor work ethic but we cant just assume great positional coach means we're going to a great player. guy whimper was a talented athlete but never panned out. pat flaherty hasnt turned every olineman into pro bowlers

[quote user="Neverend"]I know everyone loves mike pope and all

... but i think coaching is slightly overrated. if the player isnt willing to put the work in whats the point? if the player is the last one in, first one to leave, works out and wants to get it over with, puts no effort in the film room ,etc does it really matter what pope does?

not saying robinson is a guy with poor work ethic but we cant just assume great positional coach means we're going to a great player. guy whimper was a talented athlete but never panned out. pat flaherty hasnt turned every olineman into pro bowlers[/quote]

I am one who thinks that coaching is underrated! Without the right guidance you can develop into a bust. There have been plenty of guiys that come into the league with all the physical tools but if no one can teach them how to develop an edge on their opposition, they end up being a bust.

Honestly it goes both ways (coaching/athlete) but a good coach can make a good athlete better!