+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Eli is elite will not be promode by espn98.7fm

that's because Eli will not be on the michael kay show this season..not Eli's decision but its coming from above like John Mara..espn turned to Cruz to do a weekly spot but he said he's not allowed to be on the Jets radio network..this is very petty by the Gmen who i did not think would stoop so low..its not fair to Cruz who could use the xtra bucks as he's a minimum salaried NFL player

Re: Eli is elite will not be promode by espn98.7fm

This version of Giants ownership seems petty and spiteful. I could never see Wellington and Preston doing this or engaging in comments like John did with the Jets and Cowboys this offseason.
    I miss the class and dignity that the old school brought.

This "version" is responding to the jets covering our title trophies and using a hit on Eli as the cover for their game plan when we played them in the regular season. Sometimes you just have to say ENOUGH!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]This "version" is responding to the jets covering our title trophies and using a hit on Eli as the cover for their game plan when we played them in the regular season. Sometimes you just have to say ENOUGH!
    [/quote]

In general I may agree RF, but if we are really going to be the classy guys of NY we should be above this. Especially when it comes to Cruz, if I was the owners I'd be letting him do whatever he could to make some extra green, of course so long as it doesn't tarnish the image of the G-Men and I don't think this does.

I don't see anything wrong with not having your 2x SB MVP not doing a weekly spot on the Jets flagship station.

However he better atleast be doing a spot for WFAN.

[quote user="Bing Crosby"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]This "version" is responding to the jets covering our title trophies and using a hit on Eli as the cover for their game plan when we played them in the regular season. Sometimes you just have to say ENOUGH!
    [/quote]

In general I may agree RF, but if we are really going to be the classy guys of NY we should be above this. Especially when it comes to Cruz, if I was the owners I'd be letting him do whatever he could to make some extra green, of course so long as it doesn't tarnish the image of the G-Men and I don't think this does.
    [/quote]

If the Jets are making residual income off of Giants appearing on the ESPN 98.7, then screw them. As RF said, sometimes you just have to say enough. Turning the other cheek doesn't mean taking it up the ***, either.

pat hanlon

Coughlin using his Tablet

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]This version of Giants ownership seems petty and spiteful. I could never see Wellington and Preston doing this or engaging in comments like John did with the Jets and Cowboys this offseason.
    I miss the class and dignity that the old school brought.[/quote]
    That's because Wellington didn't really have to deal with Double **** and then Rex Ryan on top of that.

Veteran

[quote user="alau53"]that's because Eli will not be on the michael kay show this season..not Eli's decision but its coming from above like John Mara..espn turned to Cruz to do a weekly spot but he said he's not allowed to be on the Jets radio network..this is very petty by the Gmen who i did not think would stoop so low..its not fair to Cruz who could use the xtra bucks as he's a minimum salaried NFL player[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Cruz has picked up plenty of deals else where.

Am I the only one that doesn't listen to sports radio?