+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Randle should be on the phone with Toomer

When i watch film of "Double R", as soon have called him, I see a little bit of our old durable, consistent wideout Amani Toomer.

Randle doesnt have elite speed, he isnt the quickest player on the field, but he uses that to his advantage with crisp fluid route running. Toomer has done the same thing for years leaving a legacy behind in New York that will not be forgotten by True Giant fans.

I know Randle would probably never be the consistent +1000 receiving yards guy that we all wanted but i see him being the most reliable target Eli will have for years to come.

Hey, someone give this man Toomer's number

Re: Randle should be on the phone with Toomer

Or he could just talk to Nicks and Cruz?

He's no Toomer unless he masters the tiptoe falling out of bounds. Also, won't Nicks be Eli's most consistent receiver for years to come?

Its Amazing how people forget what deep threat Toomer was early in his career.

What made him great was his ability to transition from a deep guy into a possession guy, something many WR egos dont allow.

From now on I'm calling him R2

[quote user="FroZeNx31x"]When i watch film of "Double R", as soon have called him, I see a little bit of our old durable, consistent wideout Amani Toomer.

Randle doesnt have elite speed, he isnt the quickest player on the field, but he uses that to his advantage with crisp fluid route running. Toomer has done the same thing for years leaving a legacy behind in New York that will not be forgotten by True Giant fans.

I know Randle would probably never be the consistent +1000 receiving yards guy that we all wanted but i see him being the most reliable target Eli will have for years to come.

Hey, someone give this man Toomer's number[/quote]
    Toomer was the very best sideline receiver that I've ever seen with my own eyes.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="FroZeNx31x"]When i watch film of "Double R", as soon have called him, I see a little bit of our old durable, consistent wideout Amani Toomer. Randle doesnt have elite speed, he isnt the quickest player on the field, but he uses that to his advantage with crisp fluid route running. Toomer has done the same thing for years leaving a legacy behind in New York that will not be forgotten by True Giant fans. I know Randle would probably never be the consistent +1000 receiving yards guy that we all wanted but i see him being the most reliable target Eli will have for years to come. Hey, someone give this man Toomer's number[/quote] Toomer was the very best sideline receiver that I've ever seen with my own eyes.[/quote]

Toomer made them look easy.

Giants fan since the early 80s

i agree with the poster who commented on how toomer was a burner for much of his early career. he had great speed and was awesome downfield...when he got older, he transitioned into a possession wr, but he still lulled db's to sleep and got deep quite often which with his declining noticeable speed, is damn good. toomer is one fo the best giants of all time, not just wr...

RR will be an excellent 3. I could see him being effective out of the slot and out on the perimeter. its about what nicks was saying, learning the concepts so it opens up the angles and ability to lean on db's to create seperation on the moves...

if RR can progress at half the rate cruz and nicks did, he'll be effective and early on too which is why i love the pick...its no secret i wanted a wr in this draft, randle was one of my top picks aside from k.wright...so stoked we got him at 63...highway robbery by JR...AGAIN

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Its Amazing how people forget what deep threat Toomer was early in his career.

What made him great was his ability to transition from a deep guy into a possession guy, something many WR egos dont allow.
    [/quote]

I don't remember that at all. In fact I remember him not being very good (early years..first 3 or 4) and if I'm not mistaken was in danger of being released.

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]He's no Toomer unless he masters the tiptoe falling out of bounds.
    [/quote]

This! Toomer taught Mario which served him well. Amani is still All In with the Giants org. Can't hurt to get some pointers from the master class.