+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Wilson's "Forest Battle" Soundtrack

David Wilson's "Forest Battle" Soundtrack

Sick. Can't wait! Can't wait for #4 to suit up for Big Blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ru1LXWlpGDc

Re: David Wilson's "Forest Battle" Soundtrack

good stuff...

Veteran

any video with music is a waste of time. i know what he can do show me where he needs work.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

What a ******y response. He needs to improve in the same things that every other running back out of college needs to improve on, picking up blockers, catching balls and fumbling.

If the Giants can give this guy some running room, I think he is going to be good. I mean, he seems to have very fast acceleration.

I'm excited about the pick.

Veteran

[quote user="mikeq672"]What a ******y response. He needs to improve in the same things that every other running back out of college needs to improve on, picking up blockers, catching balls and fumbling.
    [/quote]
    you still tell me nothing. there is more to being a running back than just picking up blockers catching balls.

Hows his vision perhaps
    hows his route running ability
    balance?
    does he follow his blockers all the time or does he create his own lanes
    if he fast enough to hit the holes before they log jam?

i can't get these answers in a highlight reel. only fan boys watch highlight reels, cause its easy to tell whats going on.... imho

edit: not every running back out of college has the same things to work on. genius

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

[quote user="rainierjef"]
    you still tell me nothing. there is more to being a running back than just picking up blockers catching balls.

Hows his vision perhaps
    balance?

i can't get these answers in a highlight reel. only fan boys watch highlight reels, cause its easy to tell whats going on.... imho

edit: not every running back out of college has the same things to work on. genius
    [/quote]Good questions Jef. This is why I'm a big fan of Redeye's videos because they give you the highlights and the lowlights of a prospect. From what I determined on Wilson, he was one of the few star players on the VT team and was the focus of their offense. The blockers weren't that excellent so he had to make a bunch of plays himself and carry the team. This lead to him not trusting his blockers, being a little loose with the ball, and his general reckless play.

Unless Wilson can correct some of these flaws in his game before the Cowboys game, he shouldn't start on day 1. His backfield heroics won't cut it at the NFL level as often as they did in the collegiate game and I personally would hate to see him cause us lost yardage and for Eli to bail us out even more.

TLDR note: He has all the physical attributes that a top 5 or a top 10 RB would need but he needs to gain patience, trust his blockers more, get coached on pass protection, and learn better ball security. Thankfully, these can all be fixed.

Port St. Lucie, FL (originally from Avenel, NJ)

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="rainierjef"]

Hows his vision perhaps
    balance?

[/quote]Good questions Jef. This is why I'm a big fan of Redeye's videos because they give you the highlights and the lowlights of a prospect. From what I determined on Wilson, he was one of the few star players on the VT team and was the focus of their offense. The blockers weren't that excellent so he had to make a bunch of plays himself and carry the team. This lead to him not trusting his blockers, being a little loose with the ball, and his general reckless play.

Unless Wilson can correct some of these flaws in his game before the Cowboys game, he shouldn't start on day 1. His backfield heroics won't cut it at the NFL level as often as they did in the collegiate game and I personally would hate to see him cause us lost yardage and for Eli to bail us out even more.

TLDR note: He has all the physical attributes that a top 5 or a top 10 RB would need but he needs to gain patience, trust his blockers more, get coached on pass protection, and learn better ball security. Thankfully, these can all be fixed.[/quote]

You think he'd start ahead of Bradshaw???

[quote user="Jiffy Jeff"]You think he'd start ahead of Bradshaw???[/quote]Not at all but I do see people who think he is the automatic #2 RB or even the #1 just based on his draft status. Coughlin doesn't care about his physical ability if he can't pass protect or hold on to the ball better.

+ Reply to Thread