+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Years Down the Road.. A Look Back at this Draft.

Three Years Down the Road.. A Look Back at this Draft.

David Wilson - Starting RB, 1,000 yard rusher.. Borderline Pro-Bowler

Ruben Randle - Honestly, this kid might be the number one target for Eli and soon. His game is smooth like Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson.

Jayron Hosley - IMO, he will be solid. Not a piece that will remain with the team for an extended period of time. I say he gives us above average play at his position, but due to Salary, Prince and future CB's he will go elsewhere after his contract is up.

Adrien Robinson - if he is willing to learn, then he could be a Shiancoe/Kellen Winslow type player.. Without the headaches. If he isn't willing/able, gone. Toss up!

Brandon Mosley - really like this kids play and I think he will be a Giant for a longtime.

Matt McCants - ehhh. I love his upside and freakishly long frame. My gut tells me that he is going to be a Guy Whimper player, but with a shorter tenure.

Markus Kuhn - no real guess on him. He will be on the roster for two season, IMO.

Any other thoughts?

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Three Years Down the Road.. A Look Back at this Draft.

Wilson- one if the leagues top RBs
    Randle- very solid addition to our corp ,but not a #1 wr
    Hosley-future star & ballhawk
    Robinson-doesn't live up to the hype,but becomes a solid back up
    Mosley-solid giant at RT
    Mccants-practice squad body
    Kuhn-practice squad body

Wilson - Fumbles and size prevent him from being a #1 back. Has 800 yard consistently as a number 2 along with 400+ as a receiver.

Randle - Compares to Anquan Boldin as a prototypical Y receiver. Physical, solid routes and willing blocker.

Hosley - ST star/Slot CB. Has 8 sacks to his name after 3 years.

Robison - Solid blocker that becomes a #2 TE in years 2 and 3

Mosley - Becomes the T/G swingman.

McCants - PS in year 1. Becomes a backup in years 2-3.

Kuhn - Doesn't make the 53 and spend 2 years with the practice squad.

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"]Wilson - Fumbles and size prevent him from being a #1 back. Has 800 yard consistently as a number 2 along with 400+ as a receiver.

Randle - Compares to Anquan Boldin as a prototypical Y receiver. Physical, solid routes and willing blocker.

Hosley - ST star/Slot CB. Has 8 sacks to his name after 3 years.

Robison - Solid blocker that becomes a #2 TE in years 2 and 3

Mosley - Becomes the T/G swingman.

McCants - PS in year 1. Becomes a backup in years 2-3.

Kuhn - Doesn't make the 53 and spend 2 years with the practice squad.[/quote]

I agree with evertyhing, but Wilson. I really think he is going to become a top 10 RB in the game. I just see his versitility and unwillingness to go down as a big positive. He wont be AP, but his game will resemble it slightly.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

David Wilson - Has a live rabbit collection of 342...all which he caught by the ears from his New Jersey home.

Ruben Randle - Larry Fitzgerald cites how he wishes his game was more like Randle's as he introduces him on the top 100 players show.

Jayron Hosley - Best corner in football...Revis holds out again saying he wants to be paid like Hosley and other elite CB's.

Adrien Robinson - Gets his own shoe company called "Air"drien Robb...after he shatters the mold of the conventional TE.

Brandon Mosely - Becomes the first player in history to start at every position on the OL in the same year as he single handedly rescues the Giants from injury woes.

Matt McCants - Struggles with career but finds his calling as Pat Flaherty's assistant coach for the OL.

Markus Kuhn - Replaces Lattimer in the new movie "The Program part 2".

[quote user="titwio"]David Wilson - Has a live rabbit collection of 342...all which he caught by their ears from his New Jersey home.

Ruben Randle - Larry Fitzgerald cites how he wishes his game was more like Randle's as he introduces him on the top 100 players show.

Jayron Hosley - Best corner in football...Revis holds out again saying he wants to be paid like Hosley and other elite CB's.

Adrien Robinson - Gets his own shoe company called "Air" drien Robb...after he shatters the mold of the conventional TE.

Matt McCants - Struggles with career but finds his calling as Pat Flaherty's assistant coach for the OL.

Markus Kuhn - Replaces Lattimer in the new movie "The Program part 2".[/quote]

Awesome [b]
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

David Wilson- Bradshaw goes down week 4 and Wilson comes in and has a big 150 yrd game, by week 7 he's solidified the starting spot from then on racking up 1,200 his rookie year, 1,400 his next and stays consistently over 1000 but fumbled 12 times over 3 years.

Rueben Randle- Becomes more then a 3rd option and beats out Nicks for the #1 spot moving him to the Y. Rookie year has 800 rec yrds on 62 catches. Then 1000 on 72, then 1,100 on 88

Jayron Hosley- Slot extrodinaire his rookie year racking up 6 INTs in his rookie year with T2 playing the third safety role. In 2 years both T2 and Web are gone leaving Prince and Hosley outside.

Adrien Robinson- becomes a decent TE racking about 600yrds per season after his rookie year. Never really "breaks out" but is viable.

Ben Mosley- Becomes starting left Tackle out of necessity due to Beatty just falling apart. Pro Bowler by year 3.

Matt McCants- becomes a G/T swingman like Boothe.

Markus Kuhn- Practice squad year 1 but then becomes a great rotation gut after. The Tollefson of DTs.

Veteran

Love the optimism, but Randle beating out Nicks for the #1? Seriously?

3 years down the road, The giants will be going on 57-0.

I just want em all to be healthy because they can all be good football players, but not if they cant get on the field.

+ Reply to Thread