+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

The end of my traditional Tynes rant

Every year, I rant about replacing Tynes with someone who has a stronger leg.

For some reason, this year is different. I suppose it's the 2nd Super Bowl victory. He wasn't counted to kick much during the playoffs, but he handled them (8/10).

So, instead of *****ing and moaning about finding a new kicker, I'll focus my comments on the Osi contract saga.

......you're welcome, Giants MB.

Re: The end of my traditional Tynes rant

Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.

Tynes comes through when it matters. He reminds me of Vinateri. Vinateri never has about average percentage of kicks made and average leg strength, but he is as clutch as it gets.

Unlike Jay mother ****ing Feely. I hate Feely with a burning passion. I have never been so angry after a Giants game after Feely missing 3 field goals.

You can always get better at every position on a football team. Players know this (hence competition), coaches, front office, etc. But for the first time since being born, I am comfortable with the kicker on our team. Not saying there is no reason to be looking around for something better. But I wouldn't hate it if they didn't.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.[/quote]

I'm fine with him now, but do you remember as he missed 2 field goals that would have won the 2007 NFC CG if he hadn't missed and made us wait for the 3rd?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Banned

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="nygsb42champs"]Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.[/quote]

I'm fine with him now, but do you remember as he missed 2 field goals that would have won the 2007 NFC CG if he hadn't missed and made us wait for the 3rd?
    [/quote]

Made the game more exciting.

I'll admit he came through in big moments for us and I have so much respect for him for what he's done in the 07 and 12' post seasons.

That being said, lets not kid ourselves, he's not that great. Anything 40 yards and over and I'm expecting a missed FG.

Veteran

[quote user="Manning"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="nygsb42champs"]Tynes has made 2 of the biggest kicks in Giants history.[/quote]

[/quote] Made the game more exciting.[/quote]

Made my bp go sky high is what he did. LOL

[quote user="JMFP2"]
    So, instead of *****ing and moaning about finding a new kicker, I'll focus my comments on the Osi contract saga.[/quote]

Please don't.......... it's just as pointless as the Tynes comments.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

All-Pro

Well, he still can barely kick touchbacks 5 yards closer. Tynes is fine with me. So is Stevie Weatherford. Jets are ******ed.