+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FOUR NY GIANTS IN PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS TOP 50

FOUR NY GIANTS IN PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS TOP 50

"You probably know by now that NFL Network is winding its way through its Top 100 players
    heading into the 2012 NFL season, as voted on by NFL players. We will talk
    enough about that list. Let's talk about another list -- the Pro Football Focus Top
    101 of 2011

PFF says the list was based entirely on 2011 performance. Here are the New
    York Giants
    on the list:

Hakeem Nicks
    (No. 50)

Victor Cruz
    (No. 37)

Jason
    Pierre-Paul
    (No. 17)

Eli Manning (No.
    8) -- PFF's bullet points on Manning are listed below. Here is the full article on Eli, and yes it is a free read.

[*]His O-line allowed 15 more total pressures than any other in the NFL[*]Led NFL with 69.4% accuracy percentage on snaps under pressure[*]Led NFL in percentage of total pressure that turns into sacks with just
      11.5%[*]Best-graded game was the Super Bowl (+8.2)[*]Led NFL in deep attempts (109), completions (43), yards (1,490) on passes
      that traveled 20+ yards in the air[/list]

By the way, New England
      Patriots
      quarterback Tom Brady was 13th
      on the PFF list.Aaron Rodgers
      of the Green Bay Packers
      is No. 1 on PFF's list."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: FOUR NY GIANTS IN PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS TOP 50

No Corey Webster ;( wahhh wahhh
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]No Corey Webster ;( wahhh wahhh[/quote]

50 is not a very big list in the NFL
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]FOUR NY GIANTS IN PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS TOP 50

"You probably know by now that NFL Network is winding its way through its Top 100 players
    enough about that list. Let's talk about another list -- the Pro Football Focus Top
    101 of 2011

York Giants
    on the list:

Hakeem Nicks
    (No. 50)

Victor Cruz
    (No. 37)

Jason
    Pierre-Paul
    (No. 17)

Eli Manning (No.
    8) -- PFF's bullet points on Manning are listed below. Here is the full article on Eli, and yes it is a free read.

[*]His O-line allowed 15 more total pressures than any other in the NFL[*]Led NFL with 69.4% accuracy percentage on snaps under pressure[*]Led NFL in percentage of total pressure that turns into sacks with just
      11.5%[*]Best-graded game was the Super Bowl (+8.2)[*]Led NFL in deep attempts (109), completions (43), yards (1,490) on passes

By the way, New England
      Patriots
      of the Green Bay Packers
      is No. 1 on PFF's list."

[/quote]

Im sorry I LOVE CRUZ but he is in no way better than Nicks.

Yes he had a great season. alot had to do with noone expecting him and continuing to double cover nicks and nicks still had a really good season.

untill Cruz does this year in and year out he cant be up that far ahead of nick. id switch the two.

Nicks is so Underrated in this league

[quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]FOUR NY GIANTS IN PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS TOP 50

101 of 2011

York Giants
    on the list:

Hakeem Nicks
    (No. 50)

Victor Cruz
    (No. 37)

Jason
    Pierre-Paul
    (No. 17)

Eli Manning (No.

By the way, New England
      Patriots
      of the Green Bay Packers
      is No. 1 on PFF's list."

[/quote]

Yes he had a great season. alot had to do with noone expecting him and continuing to double cover nicks and nicks still had a really good season.

untill Cruz does this year in and year out he cant be up that far ahead of nick. id switch the two.

Nicks is so Underrated in this league[/quote]

This was based ONLY on 2011. He is simply being recognized for that one year. He came pretty close to leading the NFL in yards. As is was he came in at # 3.

I prefer to think it's pretty cool to have 4 players on a 50 player list.

[quote user="GiantPride27"]

[/quote]

He was in 2011.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]I prefer to think it's pretty cool to have 4 players on a 50 player list.
    [/quote]

Extremely. [b]

(can you imagine being a Browns fan? yeeeesh)
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="RoanokeFan"]FOUR NY GIANTS IN PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS TOP 50

I agree with what you say.So why even bring this to our boards?
    who cares what some other people think are the BEST. We have the ring to prove who is the best.
    101 of 2011

York Giants
    on the list:

Hakeem Nicks
    (No. 50)

Victor Cruz
    (No. 37)

Jason
    Pierre-Paul
    (No. 17)

Eli Manning (No.

By the way, New England
      Patriots
      of the Green Bay Packers
      is No. 1 on PFF's list."

[/quote]

Nicks is so Underrated in this league[/quote]

when u put it on paper, some how elis season becomes even more impressive. i cant think of a qb meaning as much to the teams success as eli, and the manner in which he did it, amazing.

one thing i look forward to, is that our offense went 20 yards or more thru the air more than any other offense. that should help us tremendously next season with opening up underneath stuff for the pass and run. a guy like JJ who will hopefully pan out like cruz, and make a living with all the space underneath, could be a big part of our success.

a guy like wilson who can turn 5 yds of space underneath into big td runs or catches is huge.

eli is the epitome of mvp elite players; he makes those around him much better. hell, he made our OL look better than they were. the amount of pressure and type of pressure they allowed to defenses usually buries any offense, all eli and co did was make the offense one of the most dynamic, dangerous of them all, and it led us to a SB...

all eli does is get better each and every season. its as certain as taxes and death...and that spells disaster for opposition bc improving on the kind of play that eli gave us last season is impossible to imagine...

but i also am rethinking things a little. eli was able to turn in a performance like he did last season under immense pressure, all the time. JR should make his next roster agenda to provide eli with a top of the line OL. great, we got a qb who plays at amazingly high, effecient, elite levels with garbage OL play, lets not depend on that...lets not depend on eli being made of teflon or some indestructible material...

but dang, its extremely gratifying and joyous to see the possibility and potential in a player like eli when we first got him to reach the levels he has shown the past few seasons and for him to finally realize it

and before the SB game, i made a thread about how eli would have one of the greatest SB performance of all time...

and when u read about how the success he had came under the pressure and situation he did, and how he was at his absolute best under pressure, while being blitzed...75% completion percentage, 300 yards, a td...vs a BB led defense that had 2 weeks to prepare...while right now most wont consider it one of the greatest sb performances of all time, i believe people will look back on it and rank it among the best ever, it certainly warrants it