+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting tweet by Ralph Vacchiano- Osi not going anywhere

He makes a good point....

@TheBlueScreen: If the Giants trade Osi, who replaces him? The pick they'd get would be in 2013. Dave Tollefson is gone. So who's the third DE then? #NYG

@TheBlueScreen: It doesn't seem to help the 2012 Giants any to trade Osi Umenyiora now unless they get a top DE back or he becomes a Shockey-like problem.

Re: Interesting tweet by Ralph Vacchiano- Osi not going anywhere

I would imagine Kiwi would be the 3rd DE, with Herzlich or Paysinger sliding to SAM.

I'm thinking the Giants will trade Osi if the Ravens pony up a 2nd round pick (that seems to be the magic number going around).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]He makes a good point....

@TheBlueScreen: If the Giants trade Osi, who replaces him? The pick they'd get would be in 2013. Dave Tollefson is gone. So who's the third DE then? #NYG

@TheBlueScreen: It doesn't seem to help the 2012 Giants any to trade Osi Umenyiora now unless they get a top DE back or he becomes a Shockey-like problem.[/quote]

Osi isn't going anywhere. No one would given up anything close to what we'd need to make the trade happen...unless the raven's feel desperate.

Can't move Kiwi into the regular DE because outside of Boley the rest of our Linebackers are garbage. (Rivers?)

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"]He makes a good point....

@TheBlueScreen: It doesn't seem to help the 2012 Giants any to trade Osi Umenyiora now unless they get a top DE back or he becomes a Shockey-like problem.[/quote]

Osi isn't going anywhere. No one would given up anything close to what we'd need to make the trade happen...unless the raven's feel desperate.

Can't move Kiwi into the regular DE because outside of Boley the rest of our Linebackers are garbage. (Rivers?)[/quote]

I don't want to say their "garbage", paysinger made some big plays for us. And hezerlic has been great on STs they're just not seasoned.

I would agree. I do not see Osi going anywhere.

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="burier"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"]He makes a good point....

Can't move Kiwi into the regular DE because outside of Boley the rest of our Linebackers are garbage. (Rivers?)[/quote]

I don't want to say their "garbage", paysinger made some big plays for us. And hezerlic has been great on STs they're just not seasoned.[/quote]

but you forget we play alot of 2 Lb sets with 3 safetys.

Boley with Rivers/JWill

[quote user="Kruunch"]I would imagine Kiwi would be the 3rd DE, with Herzlich or Paysinger sliding to SAM.

I'm thinking the Giants will trade Osi if the Ravens pony up a 2nd round pick (that seems to be the magic number going around).[/quote]

Yeah, Kiwi is the 3rd DE easily. Also I've heard that the Giants are high on Justin Trattou who would probably fill in the Tolly role at least this year if a trade were to happen.

Right now I don't think Osi is going to be traded though. It seems the Giants wanted a lot more for Osi than what other teams were offering. Unless a team gives up a high draft pick, the Giants are just going to opt to keep him around...just in my opinion.

Well we could move Kiwi back to DE and put Craig Marshall (DE out of USF the Giants liked but didn't have space on the roster for). We'd have Rivers be the SAM, Herz at Mike, and Boley at WILL

All-Pro

[quote user="GiantPride27"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="burier"][quote user="NYGFaninILL"]He makes a good point.... @TheBlueScreen: If the Giants trade Osi, who replaces him? The pick they'd get would be in 2013. Dave Tollefson is gone. So who's the third DE then? #NYG @TheBlueScreen: It doesn't seem to help the 2012 Giants any to trade Osi Umenyiora now unless they get a top DE back or he becomes a Shockey-like problem.[/quote] Osi isn't going anywhere. No one would given up anything close to what we'd need to make the trade happen...unless the raven's feel desperate. Can't move Kiwi into the regular DE because outside of Boley the rest of our Linebackers are garbage. (Rivers?)[/quote] I don't want to say their "garbage", paysinger made some big plays for us. And hezerlic has been great on STs they're just not seasoned.[/quote] but you forget we play alot of 2 Lb sets with 3 safetys. Boley with Rivers/JWill[/quote]

We played a lot of 2 LB sets because we needed to last year. Fewell doesnt want to continue doing that. He said so himself. He wants 3 LBs out there. IMO, it is Boley Rivers and Williams with Kiwi as a DE now.

All-Pro

KEEP OSI ! for one more year