+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Some very interesting stats on Eli Manning under pressure

A website has Eli ranked #8 among all NFL players....

Check out the breakdown on how well Eli has performed under pressure....

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...w-york-giants/

".....What makes Manning’s season so special is that he did it in the face of more pressure than any other quarterback in football.

In the regular season, the Giants’ offensive line allowed 15 more total pressures than any other unit in the NFL, and if you throw in the playoffs that number rockets up to 91.

Eli had one of the best seasons in the league despite dealing with the single worst pass-blocking unit there was last year....."

Re: Some very interesting stats on Eli Manning under pressure

Just more reasons to be thankful that we have an elite QB like Eli Manning playing for our beloved Giants.

Boy I hope this O line gets better or Eli is not going to last.

Veteran

I was suprised by what the stats said about our pass protection.

Good article. I appreciate Eli even more after reading this.... wow never thought that could happen

The unanswered question is if more time together as a unit or more talent is needed (referring to the OL).
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

This is why Eli is the best QB in he NFL. Sure there are others that have better numbers (Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees), but if you put any of those under the same pressure Eli was under, they would just disintegrate.

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]This is why Eli is the best QB in he NFL. Sure there are others that have better numbers (Rodgers, Brady, Peyton, Brees), but if you put any of those under the same pressure Eli was under, they would just disintegrate.[/quote]

In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

i just recall him not fumbling the ball in the big spot, considering how many times he got hit

Veteran

[quote user="JMFP2"]A website has Eli ranked #8 among all NFL players....

Check out the breakdown on how well Eli has performed under pressure....

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...w-york-giants/

".....What makes Manning’s season so special is that he did it in the face of more pressure than any other quarterback in football. [/quote]

I thought your article was the top 10 QBs. It's the top ten players. Eli is up there with Brees and Rodgers.

[quote user="JMFP2"]
    In the regular season, the Giants’ offensive line allowed 15 more total pressures than any other unit in the NFL, and if you throw in the playoffs that number rockets up to 91. [/quote]
    I didn't understand this part. How can you get 15 in 16 regular season games and then it rockets up to 91 in 4 more playoff games?

[quote user="JMFP2"]
    Eli had one of the best seasons in the league despite dealing with the single worst pass-blocking unit there was last year....."[/quote]

If they had the worst pass-blocking unit, it probably stands to reason that they had one of the worst, if not worst, rush-blocking units.