+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Future Giants Hall of Famers from past 10 years

Day 2 of being sick at home. Killing time.

- Tiki Barber - I believe very borderline career. Had he produced one more productive season I would say yes. But his non-football actions will hurt his candidacy.

- Brian Mitchell - We all hardly remember his 2003 performance as a Giant...however he had a tremendous career pre-Big Blue.

- Michael Strahan - First ballot Hall of Famer.

- Eli Manning - First ballot Hall of Famer if he continues to play, at the very least, average for the remainder of his career.

- Justin Tuck - Must play 3 or 4 very strong years to have a shot. The two rings give him a great shot if he continues to play well.

- Hakeem Nicks - Too early to tell, but potential is there.

- Jason Pierre-Paul - Too early to tell, but potential is there.

- Tom Coughlin - Eventually he should get in...but not before Bill.

- Ernie Accorsi - Tremendous career pre-Giants. His path to the Hall should parallel Eli's.

All-Pro

Re: Future Giants Hall of Famers from past 10 years

I see you left out Osi but put in Tuck and JPP. Interesting. Osi is the only one with records.

Tiki is a HOFer regardless of how much of a selfish jerk he is.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

[quote user="TuckYou"]I see you left out Osi but put in Tuck and JPP. Interesting. Osi is the only one with records.[/quote]

Osi will never sniff the hall imo..along with tuck...if JPP does what we think he can do he will have real shot..hope he stays healthy.

[quote user="BluTri10"]Day 2 of being sick at home. Killing time.

- Tiki Barber - I believe very borderline career. Had he produced one more productive season I would say yes. But his non-football actions will hurt his candidacy.

- Brian Mitchell - We all hardly remember his 2003 performance as a Giant...however he had a tremendous career pre-Big Blue.

- Eli Manning - First ballot Hall of Famer if he continues to play, at the very least, average for the remainder of his career.

- Justin Tuck - Must play 3 or 4 very strong years to have a shot. The two rings give him a great shot if he continues to play well.

- Ernie Accorsi - Tremendous career pre-Giants. His path to the Hall should parallel Eli's.[/quote]

Tiki, Stahan, ELIte, Mitchell, Coughlin, and Accorsi are the only ones that could get in tomorrow if they were selecting. tiny percent chance Toomer could get in, but not before Cris Carter or Moss or Owens or Ward

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="BluTri10"]Day 2 of being sick at home. Killing time.

- Ernie Accorsi - Tremendous career pre-Giants. His path to the Hall should parallel Eli's.[/quote]

Tiki, Stahan, Mitchell, Coughlin, and Accorsi are the only ones that could get in tomorrow if they were selecting. tiny percent chance Toomer could get in, but not before Cris Carter or Moss or Owens or Ward[/quote]

tiki no way, mitchell no way, eli maybe..love eli though, TC tough to say, acorsi should be in imo.

Veteran

Osi is great...but not a HOFer. If Richard Dent got in....I believe Tuck should be in.

Ramses Barden...who's your daddy!
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="BluTri10"]Day 2 of being sick at home. Killing time.

Tiki, Stahan, ELIte, Mitchell, Coughlin, and Accorsi are the only ones that could get in tomorrow if they were selecting. tiny percent chance Toomer could get in, but not before Cris Carter or Moss or Owens or Ward[/quote]

IMHO, Strahan Eli Coughlin and Accorsi are the only ones (I have never considered Mitchell a Giant).

Tiki had 4 great years in a 10 year career...not enough for HOF.

Toomer never made the Pro Bowl, let alone the HoF.

[quote user="allentown PA"]acorsi should be in imo.[/quote]

Hmmm....

I don't think he sat in the big seat long enough. His reign lasted from 1998-2006, not long, and a losing Super Bowl appearance. Granted he laid the foundation for the '07 team but it's an asterisk. He only came to the Giants in 1994, missing the Parcells era completely.

Prior to that he was with the Browns and Clots, neither of which accomplished anything significant during his time there.

I'm not convinced he's HoF worthy.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells