+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

JAYRON HOSLEY WAS A GOOD PICK FOR THE GIANTS

JAYRON HOSLEY WAS A GOOD PICK FOR THE GIANTS

"The pick of Jayron
    Hosley
    may prove to be an important pick for the New York Giants in 2012.
    Corners are much needed in today’s NFL and you can never have enough of them.
    Hosley will fill a need as the Giants move forward in this season.

Aaron
    Ross
    went and signed with the Jacksonville
    Jaguars
    . The Giants needed to pick up another corner to help them.
    Terrell Thomas
    re-signed and he will start opposite
    Corey Webster
    Prince Amukamara
    in really his first full season will end up playing the
    nickel. Hosley at this point is the team’s fourth best corner. He’s one play
    away from being on the field a lot for the Giants. If Hosley was two inches
    taller he probably would’ve been a first round pick.

Hosley plays a physical brand of corner and may also help in the kick and
    punt return games. Just because the Giants picked Hosley doesn’t mean they think
    less of what a guy like Amukamara can do. The way teams run wide open offenses
    around the NFL, you need as many good corners as you can to cover the wide
    receivers and maybe even some tight ends. Little injuries come around here and
    there throughout the NFL season, and having depth at every position is
    important.

Hosley did fail a drug test at the combine which might have caused his stock
    to drop a little bit, and guys who end up failing drug tests will have questions
    about them especially in their first year and being in New York. With all that
    said, I think this was a solid, smart draft pick by Jerry Reese and may prove
    great dividends right away in 2012."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: JAYRON HOSLEY WAS A GOOD PICK FOR THE GIANTS

I really hope he, or anyone for that matter, can add some pepper to our bland return game.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

4.38 40 with great cover skills. I really like this pick.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]4.38 40 with great cover skills. I really like this pick.[/quote]

Hopefully he's fairly polished in both man and zone coverages. In our system, you need to be versatile.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I really hope he, or anyone for that matter, can add some pepper to our bland return game.
    [/quote]

If Hixon is healthy, it will be his job to lose.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

I don't disagree with you in terms of "what were you thinking?" However, for Reese & Co. to pick him means, to me, he's got a boatload of talent they are pretty sure they can develop.

He reminds me a lot of a young Asante Samuel.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

So you're weary about a pot smoker, but not someone who kills dogs for a kicks, gotcha

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]Does the failed drug test scare anybody else b/c it scares me. The most important 2 month period of your life and you can't lay off the marijuana. I honestly don't know what goes through these guys heads. Yes they are young men and 20 something guys aren't notorious for their savvy decision making, but c'mon. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 20 but I never had a chance to make millions presented to me. If I did I'd like to think I'd put the doobie down.[/quote]

So you're weary about a pot smoker, but not someone who kills dogs for a kicks, gotcha
    [/quote]

How did Vick slip into this thread?