+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who Will Be Our Biggest Rival?

In the next 5 years what team will be our biggest rival?

In the NFC east I say the Skins will regain prominence. I'm biased b/c I'm from D.C. I enjoy those victories so much more.

Outside the division I say NO. After getting shellacked by them 3 times in a row I really want to beat those guys. Although right now it's been more of a massacre than a competitive rivalry to be honest. We will change that this year.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Re: Who Will Be Our Biggest Rival?

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]

In the NFC east I say the Skins will regain prominence. I'm biased b/c I'm from D.C. I enjoy those victories so much more.

Outside the division I say NO. After getting shellacked by them 3 times in a row I really want to beat those guys. Although right now it's been more of a massacre than a competitive rivalry to be honest. We will change that this year.[/quote]
    I'd say let's see how RGIII progresses before we start worrying about the 'skins.

The Eagles will ALWAYS be our biggest rivals, and we just don't match up against NO. I don't see them as our biggest rivals, just our biggest mismatch.

And if we see SF in the playoffs again, now THAT may start becoming reminiscent of our '80s playoff rivalry. That's got a chance to become personal.

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Outside the division I say NO. After getting shellacked by them 3 times in a row I really want to beat those guys. Although right now it's been more of a massacre than a competitive rivalry to be honest. We will change that this year.[/quote]
    I'd say let's see how RGIII progresses before we start worrying about the 'skins.

The Eagles will ALWAYS be our biggest rivals, and we just don't match up against NO. I don't see them as our biggest rivals, just our biggest mismatch.

And if we see SF in the playoffs again, now THAT may start becoming reminiscent of our '80s playoff rivalry. That's got a chance to become personal.[/quote]

Rivals arent a flash in the pants...they are eternal. That being said anyone over the age of 12 knows its the Eagles.

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look at the past 30 years, all three of our division foes have been heated rivals. More recently, the Skins have dropped back (two losses to them this year notwithstanding). I would expect them to move back up to the level with the Iggles and Girls but don't see any one of them becoming THEtop rival. They will share that banner. The NFC east will remain very balanced and competitive for years to come.
    No one remembers who came in second.

If Griffin can stay healthy I say it's definitely Washington. That's a big if though...Cowboys, Eagles and Giants all have fronts that will get after him...hard!

I'm predicting RG3's career won't be pretty at all early on. This rookie season he'll receive a not so nice baptism from the NFC East.

You guys seem to own the Cowboys the last 5 years. Philly and washington is your biggest obstacle to repeat.

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

And if we see SF in the playoffs again, now THAT may start becoming reminiscent of our '80s playoff rivalry. That's got a chance to become personal.[/quote]

Rivals arent a flash in the pants...they are eternal. That being said anyone over the age of 12 knows its the Eagles.[/quote]

If you were a Giants fan that grew up in DC like I did than the Skins games were the biggest games of the year every year, and two of the top 5 NFL franchises in the 80s and early 90s were the Giants and the Skins.

With the drafting of RG3 and an already stout defense in place, I think the Skins are poised to regain relevance in the NFC East.

I'm still pissed we lost both games to them last year with freaggin' Rex Grossman at QB...SMH.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Why in the next 5 years? Take it season by season. This year it's Philly because Dallas is going nowhere with the head coach and owner they have. Washington maybe a threat but they have a rookie QB. They have Mike Shanahan as head coach, i don't think he's that good.
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Veteran

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]

The Saints and the Eagles.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]

Rivals arent a flash in the pants...they are eternal. That being said anyone over the age of 12 knows its the Eagles.[/quote]

If you were a Giants fan that grew up in DC like I did than the Skins games were the biggest games of the year every year, and two of the top 5 NFL franchises in the 80s and early 90s were the Giants and the Skins.

With the drafting of RG3 and an already stout defense in place, I think the Skins are poised to regain relevance in the NFC East.

I'm still pissed we lost both games to them last year with freaggin' Rex Grossman at QB...SMH.[/quote]

Actually its a small world...cuz i spent my 80's as a Giant fan in Alexandria Va. So yes...i am quite aware of the rivalry we had against the Skins. I remember how much i despised the Washington Post that idolized the Skins every single year. I remember all those stupid Redskin shows on how they talked about the Redskins being the greatest/winningest team in NFL history.... I was there in the thick of it.

That being said...the Eagles still kicked our cans PLENTY of times in the 80's. I remember as a whole in the 80's...We beat Skins/ Skins beat Eagles/Eagles beat us/Dallas beat nobody. You are basing your opinion on the fact you lived in DC as a Giant fan. The rivalry between us in the 80's was good....but not in same league as Eagles. Skins/Cowboys; Giants/;Eagles.

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!