+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Jesse Armstead Question

I'm bored so I thought I might get some input on Armstead. When he entered the league he was about 205. He got up to about 238 lbs. My friends used to joke that Jesse was on roids the way he blew up.

Looking back I can honestly say that packing on that kind muscle in a 2 year period is phenomenal. I think the guy was juicing. The older I get the less likely I am too assess every Giants team or player with rose colored glasses.

Not trying to be a troll, just interested to see what other peoples thoughts were on J Armstead. He's my favorite player after LT. Yes I like him more than Strahan.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Re: Jesse Armstead Question

He was a good player on some very mediocre teams.

As for the 'roids, in this country you're innocent until proven guilty. I see no reason Armstead's legacy should be tarnished.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Veteran

Jesse Armstead weighed in at 235 prior to the 1993 draft.

why are you posting something ridiculous about jesse armstead when you you should've been watching Eli's stellar performance on SNL?

[quote user="jmike"]Jesse Armstead weighed in at 235 prior to the 1993 draft.
    [/quote]

Not even close my friend. I'm a loyal fan of the U and he wasn't anywhere near 230. The Bermuda Triangle was known to be undersized, fast, and furious.

In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]He was a good player on some very mediocre teams.

As for the 'roids, in this country you're innocent until proven guilty.* I see no reason Armstead's legacy should be tarnished.
    [/quote]

Armstead was a great player not just good. If he didnt' get hurt he'd be a HOFer.

I think Roids was a part of that football era. I don't think it tarnishes any football players legacy. Roids can only add strength and decrease muscle recovery time from fatigue and some injuries. Roids never made anybody a better player. Armstead was the same player he was at Miami just way bigger.

Where is this coming from? 98 hasn't played in like ten years. Did he ever get the 4 game rip? No! So it's a non issue. Why would a Giants fan with absolutely no evidence at all come on here and attempt to tarnish the career of a fan favorite. Take a walk buddy!

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]He was a good player on some very mediocre teams.

As for the 'roids, in this country you're innocent until proven guilty.* I see no reason Armstead's legacy should be tarnished.
    [/quote]

Armstead was a great player not just good. If he didnt' get hurt he'd be a HOFer.

I think Roids was a part of that football era. I don't think it tarnishes any football players legacy. Roids can only add strength and decrease muscle recovery time from fatigue and some injuries. Roids never made anybody a better player. Armstead was the same player he was at Miami just way bigger.[/quote]

Love armstead too but even if healthy he was never going to sniff the Hall..Idk about ur point about roids not making someone a better player either.

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]Where is this coming from? 98 hasn't played in like ten years. Did he ever get the 4 game rip? No! So it's a non issue. Why would a Giants fan with absolutely no evidence at all come on here and attempt to tarnish the career of a fan favorite. Take a walk buddy![/quote]

Long offseason and I'm tired of talking about Osi. MBs may not be the place for you as there tend to be lots of varying opinions. Me, I'm in my comfort zone. I learn so much from those that don't see things the way I do. I look for opposing views to help grow my perpective.

Like I said I don't think roids tarnishes his rep. That's just my opinion.

Veteran

Sorry...you are mistaken. He may have played at Miami at 205; however, prior to the draft he weighed in at 235. Look it up and you will see.