+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CHECKING IN WITH TRAVIS BECKUM

CHECKING IN WITH TRAVIS BECKUM

"The Giants may not be banking on having Travis Beckum at the start of the
    2012 season. But there's a pretty good chance that it might happen.

Beckum was at Sunday's Knicks-Heat game, and he told the Daily News that he's
    still hoping to return by the start of the season.

"If everything works out, yeah," he said. "I'm just working hard and getting
    it healthy."

Just two months after surgery, Beckum, who tore his ACL and meniscus in Super
    Bowl XLVI, is already moving around without a brace and feeling next to no pain.
    He had surgery on Feb. 28, then spent three weeks using a passive machine to
    regain his range of motion. He's already progressed to strength exercises, and
    there was no sign of crutches when he showed up at the Garden.

He said he hasn't run yet, mostly because there's no need to push it this
    early in the offseason.

There's also no need to rush back to health, and Beckum said that he
    understands that. The Giants acquired veteran tight end Martellus Bennett in
    free agency, and they picked up super-athlete Adrien Robinson in the draft, so
    Beckum knows he doesn't need to rush back.

"I can take my time and get healthy," he said.

Beckum said he will be around for the Giants' minicamp this week, but he will
    not take part in any activities."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: CHECKING IN WITH TRAVIS BECKUM

Any chance the surgery will improve his blocking?

[quote user="fourth&forever"]Any chance the surgery will improve his blocking?[/quote]

i lol'd

but if pope can't help him, i don't think any doctor could.

All-Pro

good news ... Beckum actually made a few plays late in the year and into the playoffs

Beckum's only highlight is that huge TD vs Green Bay in the regular season. That's still a hell of a highlight.

I'd rather just go with a 4 wide receiver set. He can't block andso all he gives us is the 4th receiver who is slower than the other candidates who are true WRs.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Beckum's only highlight is that huge TD vs Green Bay in the regular season. That's still a hell of a highlight.[/quote]

I'd also add he had an extremely impressive catch against the chiefs some years ago as well

... and that might be about it lol

he also had a big day vs the eagles a few seasons ago in philly. i believe he had a 2 td day...i know at least he had one nice td grab...

i think he could still be a viable threat in this offense. if he can get healthy, i'd still give him one more season.

i think we all know by now he's not going to be the typical blocking inline te, but that doesnt mean he cant be effective.

could still use him in motion to crack back block off the edge on toss plays, and he could still create mismatches lining up in the slot getting matched up with a LB or safety...

wouldnt phase me either way, i'm expecting huge things from bennett, but our offense works really well with creating and exploiting mismatches...I could see Cruz and Beckum lining up stacked in the slot and using that to create mismatches...he can give some flexibility and creativity to KG...

I think Beckum scored against us. Isnt he a fullback?

[quote user="Lambeau12"]I think Beckum scored against us. Isnt he a fullback?[/quote]
    a pass catching TE and maybe someday an H back. My beef is he's one dimensional. can't block.