+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

George Young's letter to my Grandfather.

I thought you guys would appreciate this as much as I did. My grandfather wrote George Young a letter regarding how Parcells teated all of his kickers poorly, namely Ali Haji-Sheikh. George Young wrote the following back to my grandfather:

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...eorgeYoung.jpg

There you go

Re: George Young's letter to my Grandfather.

[quote user="gmen0820"][/quote]
    Thanks haha.

Veteran

Very interesting. Shows the disagreement Bill had with George...ultimately leading to Bill's "retirement". I'm surprised George would even say "making a fool out of himself" regarding Bill. A GM would never write anything like this in the 21st century with internet, twitter...etc.

Thanks for posting!

[quote user="BluTri10"]Very interesting. Shows the disagreement Bill had with George...ultimately leading to Bill's "retirement". I'm surprised George would even say "making a fool out of himself" regarding Bill. A GM would never write anything like this in the 21st century with internet, twitter...etc.

Thanks for posting![/quote]
    I actually read that as a subtle jab at the OP's grandfather. "...as I do preventing many fans from the same fate." [my emphasis]

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="BluTri10"]Very interesting. Shows the disagreement Bill had with George...ultimately leading to Bill's "retirement". I'm surprised George would even say "making a fool out of himself" regarding Bill. A GM would never write anything like this in the 21st century with internet, twitter...etc.

I actually read that as a subtle jab at the OP's grandfather. "...as I do preventing many fans from the same fate." [my emphasis]
    [/quote]
    I think there's truth to both. My grandfather apparently wrote him several times lol. He had been a season ticket holder since 1938 and he wrote them a lot. This is the only thing he's shown us as far as a response though apparently Tim Mara used to write him back regularly.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="BluTri10"]Very interesting. Shows the disagreement Bill had with George...ultimately leading to Bill's "retirement". I'm surprised George would even say "making a fool out of himself" regarding Bill. A GM would never write anything like this in the 21st century with internet, twitter...etc.

[/quote]
    I think there's truth to both. My grandfather apparently wrote him several times lol. He had been a season ticket holder since 1938 and he wrote them a lot. This is the only thing he's shown us as far as a response though apparently Tim Mara used to write him back regularly.[/quote]
    That's cool that Mara used to write him back on a regular basis.

As odd as it sounds, as I was reading it I was thinking to myself... "Wow. This may be the first ever 'message board' post ever." lol. From the subtle and playful jab at your grandfather to the last sentence, "Forget Ali," seems like a MB post haha.

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="BluTri10"]Very interesting. Shows the disagreement Bill had with George...ultimately leading to Bill's "retirement". I'm surprised George would even say "making a fool out of himself" regarding Bill. A GM would never write anything like this in the 21st century with internet, twitter...etc.

[/quote]
    I think there's truth to both. My grandfather apparently wrote him several times lol. He had been a season ticket holder since 1938 and he wrote them a lot. This is the only thing he's shown us as far as a response though apparently Tim Mara used to write him back regularly.[/quote]

As odd as it sounds, as I was reading it I was thinking to myself... "Wow. This may be the first ever 'message board' post ever." lol. From the subtle and playful jab at your grandfather to the last sentence, "Forget Ali," seems like a MB post haha.
    [/quote]

It was a different time back then. Reading that letter brought a huge smile to my face though.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Drez"][quote user="BluTri10"]Very interesting. Shows the disagreement Bill had with George...ultimately leading to Bill's "retirement". I'm surprised George would even say "making a fool out of himself" regarding Bill. A GM would never write anything like this in the 21st century with internet, twitter...etc.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a different time back then. Reading that letter brought a huge smile to my face though.[/quote]

No doubt. I can see it being cool that the GM of the Giants took the time out of his day to write a letter (handwritten to boot, talk about it being a different time) to your grandfather.

Veteran

Thanks for sharing this with us, TNYG. That's cool. A voice from the past.
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!