+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coaches deserve credit!

I keep seeing posts that insinuate that we won the SB in spite of Fewell or that Gilbride just happened to be along for the ride and Eli did it all and once we got healthy on D that's the only reason we starting playing better.

No way Jose! The system that you play in is a significant contributor to the results you achieve. Montana was great but Walsh's West Coast Offense maximized his production. Faulk was great in Indianapolis but in that Rams offense he was invincible. Rodgers is doing insane thing in GB but that system made Matt Flynn look like Steve Young for one game.

TC, Fewell, Gilbride all deserve to share the credit for our SB victory with the players. We won because of them not in spite of them.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Re: Coaches deserve credit!

Yep.....I had my doubts about TC during this season, but he got this team to believe in itself. KG is an excellent OC and anyone who doubts that has noodles for brains.

Fewell was down for the count with all the injuries this defense had, but he held strong and answered the bell.

A TEAM includes its coaches

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

i havent seen near the quantity of posts dismissing TC, KG and PF since the run. Before the run, almost everyone wanted to run them out of town...

since, I've seen a ton of posters admit they jumped the gun and were really pleased with the job they did

[quote user="giantsfan420"]i havent seen near the quantity of posts dismissing TC, KG and PF since the run. Before the run, almost everyone wanted to run them out of town...

since, I've seen a ton of posters admit they jumped the gun and were really pleased with the job they did[/quote]

Wait for the first loss
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="FBomb"]

Yep.....I had my doubts about TC during this season, but he got this team to believe in itself. KG is an excellent OC and anyone who doubts that has noodles for brains.

Fewell was down for the count with all the injuries this defense had, but he held strong and answered the bell.

A TEAM includes its coaches

[/quote]

TC's message never changes although he did soften his approach a few seasons back. He provides the "C" in continuity.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="giantsfan420"]i havent seen near the quantity of posts dismissing TC, KG and PF since the run. Before the run, almost everyone wanted to run them out of town...

since, I've seen a ton of posters admit they jumped the gun and were really pleased with the job they did[/quote]

Wait for the first loss
    [/quote]

heck, even a win that isn't picture perfect brngs em out

Wow... Look, you gotta give credit when it is deserved. You win a Super Bowl and its deserved, period.
    Football is a team sport not an individual sport like boxing or track or tennis.
    Without all the coaches we do not win the S.B. Go Giants!!!

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="giantsfan420"]i havent seen near the quantity of posts dismissing TC, KG and PF since the run. Before the run, almost everyone wanted to run them out of town...

Wait for the first loss
    [/quote]

heck, even a win that isn't picture perfect brngs em out[/quote]

Sadly true.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]I keep seeing posts that insinuate that we won the SB in spite of Fewell or that Gilbride just happened to be along for the ride and Eli did it all and once we got healthy on D that's the only reason we starting playing better.

No way Jose! The system that you play in is a significant contributor to the results you achieve. Montana was great but Walsh's West Coast Offense maximized his production. Faulk was great in Indianapolis but in that Rams offense he was invincible. Rodgers is doing insane thing in GB but that system made Matt Flynn look like Steve Young for one game.

TC, Fewell, Gilbride all deserve to share the credit for our SB victory with the players. We won because of them not in spite of them.[/quote]

We still haven't won a SB without Belichek...

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]I keep seeing posts that insinuate that we won the SB in spite of Fewell or that Gilbride just happened to be along for the ride and Eli did it all and once we got healthy on D that's the only reason we starting playing better.

TC, Fewell, Gilbride all deserve to share the credit for our SB victory with the players. We won because of them not in spite of them.[/quote]

We still haven't won a SB without Belichek...[/quote]
    Well played, sir. Well played.