+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNL

SNL

Do you think ELI was an "elite" SNL TV host?

All-Pro

Re: SNL

I didn't know people still watch that show

That opening monologue was SOOoooooo long and boring. ( Of course a bunch of Liberals huffing a bong might think it's hilarious, but no it wasn't ).

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]That opening monologue was SOOoooooo long and boring. ( Of course a bunch of Liberals huffing a bong might think it's hilarious, but no it wasn't ).[/quote]
    Hey....not all of us are liberals...I'm a proud conservative bong hitter []

That has always been my point on SNL. Once you go political, you lose half your audience. Keep it slap stick, people love that stuff. I don't think it ever goes out of style.

[quote user="rebelfan1966"]Do you think ELI was an "elite" SNL TV host?[/quote]

Eli was Eli. I don't agree with Morehead that being Eli translates to Dork - but Eli is a thoughtful, private person. I'm not sure his personality allows him to morph into other characters - a trait that is required of a good actor.

So, in my opinion, Eli was a personality who was awarded the opportunity to host the show. Eli deserved it, and contrary to a few other opinions I've read on the board, I don't think he embarrassed himself. I don't think he fumbled the snap.

He certainly didn't embarrass himself, or any fan of the New York Football Giants, this past February. That's what got him the chance to host the show.

As far as non-actor or comedian hosts go, Eli was excellent. Compare him to Michael Phelps and you'll see what I'm talking about.

They had him in nearly every sketch and he was a good sport about himself.

It was a typical SNL show with a couple of strong skits and a lot of filler.

He's mostly getting good reviews from entertainment sites.

Eli will always be Eli. We knew that from the get-go. I was not disappointed one bit in the show, being what it is. I laughed out loud at the court room skit and the brothers skit. I laughed at him discussing that his o-line goes everywhere with him.

The man did well, considering the writers not giving him much to draw from. He made fun of himself and he is still very secure in who he is.

CRUZ #80. GET WELL SOON!

I stopped watching SNL when they put Adam Sandler on it.

Not a elite TV host.