+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DRAFT FALLOUT: DO THE GIANTS HAVE BEST SKILL PLAYERS IN NFL?

DRAFT FALLOUT: DO THE GIANTS HAVE BEST SKILL PLAYERS IN NFL?

"253 draft picks transformed the NFL in a matter of days. Around the League
    will examine the aftershocks by asking one post-draft burning question for all
    32 teams. The AFC is done; let's kickstart the NFC with the defending
    champions.

With David Wilson and Rueben Randle, do the
    Giants have the best skill position talent in the NFL?

When the New York Giants won their first
    Super Bowl under Tom Coughlin, they were known for the offensive line and their
    defensive line. The pass rush remains fearsome, but the identity of this team
    has changed. Eli Manning has become one
    of the best quarterbacks in football, in part because he's surrounded by
    incredible skill position talent.

Giants general manager Jerry Reese is known for drafting talent over need,
    but he combined the two with No. 32 overall selection running back David Wilson
    from Virginia Tech. Wilson should be a serious upgrade over Brandon Jacobs, who was
    in decline and couldn't help on passing downs. Wilson is a dynamic, three-down player just like Ahmad Bradshaw. His
    addition will give Tom Coughlin options.

LSU wideout Rueben Randle was taken late in the second round, but we wouldn't be surprised
    if he played starter snaps sooner than later. Imagine: Hakeem Nicks on one side,
    Randle on the other, and Victor
    Cruz
    playing out of the slot. Randle is a deep threat who should effectively
    replace Mario Manningham. Last
    year's third-round pick, Jerrel
    Jernigan
    , will be fighting for snaps.

The Giants don't need their two rookies to be stars right away. They have
    plenty. They just need Wilson and Randle to fit in as contributors to what might
    be the deepest group of explosive skill position talent in football. Coughlin
    and Manning have a lot of toys to play with this year, and they can all take it
    the distance."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: DRAFT FALLOUT: DO THE GIANTS HAVE BEST SKILL LAYERS IN NFL?

Good article. I can't wait for the season. The Giants have great competition every where. The writer of the article speaks as if he knows that Randle is going to receive a lot of playing time.

If anything, the Giants have become a very deep team. And we all know the importance of that.

The only weakness of the Giants is the Oline. It may be the worst in the NFL. Statistically it was

[quote user="Breezely"]Good article. I can't wait for the season. The Giants have great competition every where. The writer of the article speaks as if he knows that Randle is going to receive a lot of playing time.

If anything, the Giants have become a very deep team. And we all know the importance of that.[/quote]

+1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]The only weakness of the Giants is the Oline. It may be the worst in the NFL. Statistically it was[/quote]

I think we'll see an improved version this season.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]The only weakness of the Giants is the Oline. It may be the worst in the NFL. Statistically it was[/quote]
    Imagine what last year would have looked like if they were just average?

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]The only weakness of the Giants is the Oline. It may be the worst in the NFL. Statistically it was[/quote]
    [/quote]

We had offensive linemen Baas, Beatty, Boothe, and Petrus who are all going to play better, theoretically, than they did last year. Snee is a dependable staple at RG and either Diehl or Brewer will see action at LT (perhaps they'll platoon if Brewer can take the snaps).

[quote user="Drez"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]The only weakness of the Giants is the Oline. It may be the worst in the NFL. Statistically it was[/quote]
    [/quote]

O-Line worries me also. But, I am an optimist. . . . I am encouraged because everyone is talking about the O-Line as being a weakness. I am encouraged because one year they said the secondary was weak and by seasons' end it was one of the strongest. They said we did not have receivers. . . . by end of the season, it was one of the best. They said our linebackers were weak. . . .by seasons end it was a strength. Now they talk about our O-Line. Follow me!!!!!

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]The only weakness of the Giants is the Oline. It may be the worst in the NFL. Statistically it was[/quote]

I think we'll see an improved version this season.
    [/quote]
    +1.

BJ was actually a decent receiver out of the backfield last year. I didn't see an abnormal amount of drops. He won't be running any WR routes anytime soon but he was great for slipping out of the backfield and getting open.

Best skill players in the NFL award goes to...

N.O. Saints- Darren Sproles, Jimmy Graham, M. Colston, Drew Brees, Moore, Meachem

I'd say we're #2.
    Philly is #3
    In the tough times we find out who we are.