+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Is Jernigan being wasted?

Cruz is very good in the slot and it makes sense to start him there over outside. However, I don't see Jernigan being able to play outside. He is built for and accustomed to playing the slot position. Therefore, do you think a lot of his potential is being wasted?

Re: Is Jernigan being wasted?

If we have a better guy playing the position, then no.

And the only thing I've seen from JJ last year in the slot is dropped passes.

JJ has to prove he can make the team, much less start somewhere. And he's got some stiff competition.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]If we have a better guy playing the position, then no.

And the only thing I've seen from JJ last year in the slot is dropped passes.

JJ has to prove he can make the team, much less start somewhere. And he's got some stiff competition.[/quote]

Not to mention fumbles on kickoffs. I really dont trust JJ. I hope he pans out though.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

yep and the main reason is because no one expected Cruz to do what he did this season. The thought going in was that Cruz would be a nice 4th guy who could maybe come in as the slot a couple times, but with his slot dominance they realize that they don't need a slot guy they need another outside threat (thus the drafting of Randle). sure they'll try to get something out of jernigan but his ability will ultimatley wasted here. Unless he dominates as a return man.

All-Pro

Jernigan could be the new Sinorice Moss.

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]Cruz is very good in the slot and it makes sense to start him there over outside. However, I don't see Jernigan being able to play outside. He is built for and accustomed to playing the slot position. Therefore, do you think a lot of his potential is being wasted?[/quote]

There's an article in today's news thread that you might be interested in. Gilbride discusses this topic.

[quote user="TuckYou"]Jernigan could be the new Sinorice Moss.[/quote]

Based on one shortened season?

All-Pro

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="TuckYou"]Jernigan could be the new Sinorice Moss.[/quote]

[/quote]

Notice I said COULD. Same frame, same college numbers, same production rookie year. Bottom line is, the Giants RARELY have little WRs be productive at all. I think Moss could of been a better player else where to be honest. I think JJ probably would be a better player somewhere else where he isnt burried too. I think Randle and Hixon will step in front of JJ in the depth charts, limiting his roll with the Giants, just like Moss' roll was minimized.

By the way, I don't remember Moss ever dropping a pass for us.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="TuckYou"]Jernigan could be the new Sinorice Moss.[/quote]

[/quote]

Notice I said COULD. Same frame, same college numbers, same production rookie year. Bottom line is, the Giants RARELY have little WRs be productive at all. I think Moss could of been a better player else where to be honest. I think JJ probably would be a better player somewhere else where he isnt burried too. I think Randle and Hixon will step in front of JJ in the depth charts, limiting his roll with the Giants, just like Moss' roll was minimized.

By the way, I don't remember Moss ever dropping a pass for us.

[/quote]

Reese was quoted as saying about Moss; "he catches everything thrown at him." The problem was what he did, or more accurately failed to do, after the catch. I vividly remember routinely screaming at the TV when he would run out of a first down. He had no knack to make the first defender miss.

Now had you said Barden.......[]
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

We wont know until we see him play.

The book on Sinorice was easy to read. In the senior bowl, where he won MVP, the rules prohibit press coverage. DBs lined up 5-8 yards off him all game. Many teams do this in preseason too. They practice coverages that they need to practice. However, in real games teams play the style of defense most suited to stopping offenses. Sinorice was horrible at getting off the los vs press coverage. He was not physical enough to deal with a DB that got in his face.

We have no idea how physical JJ is a this point. But, based on his college film he does appear to be more so than Sinorice.

I just think he is a pure slot reciever and therefor is going to be stuck behind Cruz on the depth chart. We should see him when we run 4 wide and when injuries mount.