+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OSI UMENYIORA: "I'LL BE IN A WHEELCHAIR WHEN I'M 45"

OSI UMENYIORA: "I'LL BE IN A WHEELCHAIR WHEN I'M 45"

"New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora has already provided a
    multitude of classic tweets after creating his Twitter account last week, but
    the implications from his latest tweet have most scratching their head. Osi has
    dealt with his fair share of injuries during his career, there is no doubting
    that, but come on man, get real.
    #bbpBox_199845940142686208 a{text-decoration:none;color:#0084B4;}#bbpBox_19984594014 2686208 a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}

Its an awesome game and
    has done a lot for me, but i know when im 45 there is a strong chance il be in a
    wheelchair.

@OsiUmenyiora
    Osi Umenyiora

A wheelchair? How many other former NFL players do you see rolling around in
    wheelchairs only a decade or so after retiring? Not many. I could be making a
    dangerous assumption there, but it cannot be that many, if any. Osi’s first
    major injury came in 2008 when he tore his ACL in a preseason game and was lost
    for the season. He came back in 2009 but was obviously not at full strength. A
    hip injury he played through plus that knee slowed him down and he had one of
    his worst seasons as a pro.

He came back with a vengeance in 2010, tying the NFL record for sack/fumbles
    he shares with former Miami
    Dolphin
    Jason Taylor. After that season is when you started hearing
    Osi tell the media about how much he’s sacrificed his body for the Giants. He
    used this as a major argument as to why he deserves a long term contract
    extension.

This latest tweet reeks of this. He is trying to subtly tell fans how much
    he’s given to this team. Give me a break. You’re not the only one to play
    through injuries. I love Osi as a player, he’s obviously one of the best pass
    rushers in the NFL, but there is a way to go about these contract negotiations.
    This ain’t it.

I wish Osi could see the Giants’ side of this. He was obviously due to make
    some serious cash before 2008, but when you sustain a serious knee injury like
    that, it’s in the team’s best interest to make sure you can play at a high
    level. Now that Osi has been playing well for two years (though he missed seven
    games in 2011), he deserves to get paid. But by which team is the burning
    question."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran

Re: OSI UMENYIORA: "I'LL BE IN A WHEELCHAIR WHEN I'M 45"

It just goes to show you that you don't have to be a genius to sack a quarterback

Osi just doesnt get it, and most likely never will.

Osi also tweeted his teammates raz him about the strip sack that he does it to keep his uniform clean. He says he is trying to avoid dementia.

Now we know why he doesn't play the run like he used to. Trying to avoid contact

If Osi really believes he's headed for a wheel chair it helps to understand his approach to his contract demands when he has no leverage.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Bench Player

I don't think I would be all that shocked if Osi was in a wheelchair at 45 if he plays for 5 more years or so in this league. So without getting to emotional about it, It isn't that alarming a statement. I am not sure how many NFL players are in wheelchairs either, but if you look at how much punishment the sides of their knees can take on any one play, it is a wonder how some players last a season.

[quote user="Pierre-Paul"]I don't think I would be all that shocked if Osi was in a wheelchair at 45 if he plays for 5 more years or so in this league. So without getting to emotional about it, It isn't that alarming a statement. I am not sure how many NFL players are in wheelchairs either, but if you look at how much punishment the sides of their knees can take on any one play, it is a wonder how some players last a season.[/quote]

Suggest he quits then and forget his last year of a Contract:7 yr(s) / $41,380,000 he will have to forgo 4,617,857 this year and live on the 36mil and change and no wheel chair.Problem Solved
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Probably will show up to training camp in a wheel chair to make a point. LOL What a joke he is turning into.

wow....

just wow....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Buckle up folks and get ready for this sorta thing all year.

But then again the Giants should keep him around this year incase he decides to play again

The Gigalo with the most below