+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Video of all of Rueben Randle's catches/targets last year

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGv0D38RXfs[/link]

After watching that, I really like what I see. He made an oustanding jump ball grab against kentucky that looked pretty awesome. He also showed the ability to consistently get open against zone coverage/cover 2 that doesnt show on the highlight reels. that translates well to our system

doesnt seem to be overly explosive/quick on breaking routes, but he wins with them anyway because he's smooth and fluid.

I think this video is definitely worth checking out.. gives you the entire perspective

Re: Video of all of Rueben Randle's catches/targets last year

awesome video and link, thanks.

hoping R2 can work out even better in the M2 role

and the channel its posted under has a ton of player analysis clips, awesome find
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

[quote user="giantsfan420"]awesome video and link, thanks.

hoping R2 can work out even better in the M2 role

and the channel its posted under has a ton of player analysis clips, awesome find[/quote]

yeah, had to subscribe once I saw the offensive line videos. pretty awsum

he has deceptive downfield speed, a real quick burst, looks like he can run a variety of routes, has some YAC ability...

i really believe he could transition into a more complete MM, he also showed he could beat press coverage but also showed press coverage can reroute him...so stoked about this guy

edit-it seemed a lot of those SEC d's respected his speed and preferred to play off him than press him...

this is all with pretty questionable qb play, eli elevates those around him, we might not have even seen how high his ceiling can be...see him working out awesome with eli throwing the ball

edit 2- he also displayed a good ability to catch in traffic, and some plays out of the slot...maybe i should finish watching the clip before posting lol

he fights for every yard, he is solid at that slant route, and can use it to bait a db...he also has deceptive speed beating the press to the outside or inside, he sets up his moves really well but obviously will need to work on that at the nfl level

he is a really dangerous deepfield target, while also is a solid possession receiver underneath...

cant wait to see him in this offense, nicks cruz and r2 with JJ, Barden, and Hixon could be really...really dangerous

I see so much Hakeem Nicks in this kid its unbelievable

he has that Michael Irvin Lynn Swan thing that Nicks had coming out of college ...just with a little more height

I see a bright future for RR

I'd say that the 3rd WR spot is his to lose. Can't wait to watch him develop..

All-Pro

The only thing I see I dislike is the drops. Some real easy drops in there. Lack of focus? Hope it isnt a cause for concern on the big stage.

[quote user="YATittle1962"]I see so much Hakeem Nicks in this kid its unbelievable

he has that Michael Irvin Lynn Swan thing that Nicks had coming out of college ...just with a little more height

I see a bright future for RR[/quote]

i agree emphatically...kid is deceptively fast downfield too, seems like the db's are in slow motion as he runs by them.

also like how he'll fight for every yard and do the reach the ball out to get as many yards as possible move...

also looks good beating press coverage, this kid has amazing upside, can't believe we got him at 63, when we picked at 32 i was hoping we'd get him there...somehow we got 2 first round quality players at the end of the first 2 rounds...dont know wtf SF was thinking taking Jenkins...

and R2 showed this talent and potential with a very questionable qb situation at LSU

I haven't even watched the whole video yet and I can tell this guy is already better route runner than Mario Manningham was for us.

Manningham beat guys by being lined up against inferior talent, generally speaking. He was better than most team's 3rd corner, so he typically won those matchups. Randle is already a favorable matchup against most 3rd corners in the NFL.