+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?

If this is true, we should jump all over this trade!

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=442599

Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?
    kelsto811 : 2:16 pm
    RUMOR...INSIDE RUMOR

Had to put that out there because well it is out there...Might be worth discussing. Saw it browsing Ralph Vacchiano's twitter and it was posted on Scout.com. For the record I really don't believe it but where are the BBI asshats when you need them?

Re: Rumor: Dolphins offer 2nd and 4th for Osi?

I'd do it. That pick could easily be a top ten second rounder.

Veteran

Wow

That's only a deal IF we don't need Osi this season to have a shot at repeating. We have to get through this season before we would, theoretically, reap the benefits of two draft pics next year.

I just don't see any advantage to Osi in holding out if his demands aren't met. So he's under contract and will play here is that's what Reese decides is best.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]That's only a deal IF we don't need Osi this season to have a shot at repeating.** We have to get through this season before we would, theoretically, reap the benefits of two draft pics next year.

I just don't see any advantage to Osi in holding out if his demands aren't met.* So he's under contract and will play here is that's what Reese decides is best.
    [/quote]

Right. Why would Giants do this with a year between now and when these picks would be available? Waste a DE talent for a whole year? Makes no sense.
    Before draft maybe, not now. Would need a 2nd and a player now that might help Giants this year.

Who will take his spot? We didn't invest during the draft in his replacement. Can any one name our fourth defensive end right now?

[quote user="greenca190"]Who will take his spot? We didn't invest during the draft in his replacement. Can any one name our fourth defensive end right now?[/quote]

That's the point. I think we need him this year and since he's already said publicly he won't ask a new team to rework his contract, even he can't now say the GIANTS he's holding out for more money this season. He's going to have to go into FA after this season and see what his worth really is.

Obviously nothing precludes Osi from accepting the contract extension he's already been offered or any amended version Reese might put forward bewteen now and then.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

You guys are nuts! This is a great trade! The Dolphins aren't likely to be an 8-8 teams next year so that should be a valuable set of picks for our arsenal. I honestly think Kiwi adds alot to our Dline as a dual threat pass-rush/run-stopper and I believe he is much more reliable and consistent. I really like Osi on the field but he has this diva thing going these days and this team could do without it.

Now if reese is seriously thinking of re-signing Osi then lets get on with it or just end it if this trade rumor is based on facts!

I would like to see them package OSI in a deal for Jake Long.

Veteran

This is another reason why Tollefson was a significant loss.