+ Reply to Thread

Re: Adrien Robinson - Signed!

According to the article, if I got my math right, he will be making as much as Cruz this season.

Hope that changes.

R.I.P. Otto and George (1960 - 2014). Funniest comedy team of this century.

Bench Player

It Better i would hate to see Cruz go over ome bs.

All-Pro

[quote user="Roswell777"]According to the article, if I got my math right, he will be making as much as Cruz this season. Hope that changes.[/quote]

Cruz is making an UDFA contract money, Robinson a 4th round pick contract money...

This is all spelled out in the new CBA, the rookie salaries per position. Other than helping the players handle their money properly, continue educational and outside business work opportunities, there may be little need for cutting the agents in on the action now.

And for all the Victor Cruz' that outplay their rookie contract, there's 10 players who under perform to the contract. It works both ways.

Cruz will get a payday, and everything I've read plus an inside source tells me he's a team guy who knows his day will come as well as the current cap situation and he wants to stay with the Giants.

I'm sure that after JR handles the rookies he'll probably turn his full attention to Cruz, Osi and whoever else.

[quote user="GreenZone"]This is all spelled out in the new CBA, the rookie salaries per position. Other than helping the players handle their money properly, continue educational and outside business work opportunities, there may be little need for cutting the agents in on the action now.

And for all the Victor Cruz' that outplay their rookie contract, there's 10 players who under perform to the contract. It works both ways.
    [/quote]

I think that the new CBA will make this rooky signing period much less dramatic, I kind of like that aspect of the deal.

One in the books. Lets get the top 2 picks done.