+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are the Giants the Ultimate "Team" ??

Kiwi has been a true Giant since day one. Back and forth with positions and not complaining about salary or playing time.

Nicks coming out this week and saying he is eager to become the "professor" for Randle

Cruz earlier this offseason saying that the word "holdout" is not in his vocabulary.

Bradshaw also coming out and looking forward to becoming the "professor" with David Wilson.

Boley not even peeping about the possibility of moving to ILB.

DD possibly moving to RT. He has been all around the line and has never once had anything negative to say about it. I know he is just trying to keep his job, but its still a team player type move.

***Osi is the only cancerous ego on this team right now. He is a phenomenal talent that deserves a pay raise. However, due to the emergence of JPP he wont be getting it.

Its refreshing to see a team really come together. Im proud to call myself a Giants fan.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Re: Are the Giants the Ultimate "Team" ??

I think DD is just happy to be on the team.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Can you guys remember the Reeves and Fassel days?

Players sniping at the coaches in the press. I think player subterfuge got Reeves fired sooner than otherwise would have happened, and Fassel was on the verge of mutiny several times.

I think it was in 1997, playoffs vs. Vikings, they gave up something like 13 points in 90 seconds and lost the game, and players were going at each other on the field and on the sidelines.

Continued on with divas like Tiki and Shockey (and we have to admit Strahan at the time).

Our team unity in those days was a joke.

Refreshing contrast... (aside from Osi).
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Can you guys remember the Reeves and Fassel days?

Players sniping at the coaches in the press.* I think player subterfuge got Reeves fired sooner than otherwise would have happened, and Fassel was on the verge of mutiny several times.

I think it was in 1997, playoffs vs. Vikings, they gave up something like 13 points in 90 seconds and lost the game, and players were going at each other on the field and on the sidelines.*

Continued on with divas like Tiki and Shockey (and we have to admit Strahan at the time).*

[/quote]

Or even the early Coughlin days...

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]Kiwi has been a true Giant since day one. Back and forth with positions and not complaining about salary or playing time.

Nicks coming out this week and saying he is eager to become the "professor" for Randle

Cruz earlier this offseason saying that the word "holdout" is not in his vocabulary.

Bradshaw also coming out and looking forward to becoming the "professor" with David Wilson.

Boley not even peeping about the possibility of moving to ILB.

DD possibly moving to RT. He has been all around the line and has never once had anything negative to say about it. I know he is just trying to keep his job, but its still a team player type move.

***Osi is the only cancerous ego on this team right now. He is a phenomenal talent that deserves a pay raise. However, due to the emergence of JPP he wont be getting it.

Its refreshing to see a team really come together. Im proud to call myself a Giants fan.[/quote]

ALL-IN is not just a phrase!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]Kiwi has been a true Giant since day one. Back and forth with positions and not complaining about salary or playing time. Nicks coming out this week and saying he is eager to become the "professor" for Randle Cruz earlier this offseason saying that the word "holdout" is not in his vocabulary. Bradshaw also coming out and looking forward to becoming the "professor" with David Wilson. Boley not even peeping about the possibility of moving to ILB. DD possibly moving to RT. He has been all around the line and has never once had anything negative to say about it. I know he is just trying to keep his job, but its still a team player type move. ***Osi is the only cancerous ego on this team right now. He is a phenomenal talent that deserves a pay raise. However, due to the emergence of JPP he wont be getting it. Its refreshing to see a team really come together. Im proud to call myself a Giants fan.[/quote]

ALL-IN is not just a phrase!
    [/quote] Its a nystate of mind !

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Can you guys remember the Reeves and Fassel days?

Players sniping at the coaches in the press. I think player subterfuge got Reeves fired sooner than otherwise would have happened, and Fassel was on the verge of mutiny several times.

I think it was in 1997, playoffs vs. Vikings, they gave up something like 13 points in 90 seconds and lost the game, and players were going at each other on the field and on the sidelines.

Continued on with divas like Tiki and Shockey (and we have to admit Strahan at the time).

[/quote]

Come on. We just won the Super Bowl.......it's all love and kool-aid now. Lets wait until we are 8 games into the season. Then we'll know what kind of team we have.

[quote user="JimC"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Can you guys remember the Reeves and Fassel days?

[/quote]

Come on. We just won the Super Bowl.......it's all love and kool-aid now. Lets wait until we are 8 games into the season. Then we'll know what kind of team we have.
    [/quote]

There's nothing wrong with seeing things being said now as precursors to what we hope is an all out effort to repeat.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="JimC"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Can you guys remember the Reeves and Fassel days?

Players sniping at the coaches in the press.* I think player subterfuge got Reeves fired sooner than otherwise would have happened, and Fassel was on the verge of mutiny several times.

I think it was in 1997, playoffs vs. Vikings, they gave up something like 13 points in 90 seconds and lost the game, and players were going at each other on the field and on the sidelines.*

Continued on with divas like Tiki and Shockey (and we have to admit Strahan at the time).*

[/quote]

Come on.* We just won the Super Bowl.......it's all love and kool-aid now.* Lets wait until we are 8 games into the season.* Then we'll know what kind of team we have.
    [/quote]

But even after Dodge-gate in 2010, when most of the fans wanted Coughlin out, only Rolle really spoke out against team unity. Even Jacobs was holding the line. I guess you could say Osi too with his perennial contract issues, but he's not so much speaking out against Coughlin as much as demanding money.
    Andre the Giant

[/quote]

[/quote]

See the original post referencing Kiwi, et al. As someone already mentioned, you hear chirps from guys like Osi and Rolle but for the most part we have team-first guys even before the Super Bowl.

Of course, some who we thought epitomized this ideal <cough>Steve Smith<cough> were not, in the end.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells