+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did Mara unfairly target NFCE teams?

With the "Uncapped" year crap, did Mara unfairly target the Skins and 'Boys because they were in the East? The Bears apparently did a similar thing with Peppers' contract, and nothing was said.... Maybe I'm not understanding something.
    Does anyone know the full story? Care to Share? If Mara did bust only the NFCE teams, it seems like a shady move, and it makes me ashamed to have this associated with our team...

Re: Did Mara unfairly target NFCE teams?

I dont think Mara has much to do with it really, he is just 1 owner. The league warned teams prior to the uncapped year against doing exactly what those teams did.

Its no secret Snyder and Jones are 2 of the biggest opponents to the salary cap and revenue sharing. If they had their way the NFL would be like major league baseball where the major market teams would have, in some cases, 10x the salary of a small market team.

Veteran

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]With the "Uncapped" year crap, did Mara unfairly target the Skins and 'Boys because they were in the East? The Bears apparently did a similar thing with Peppers' contract, and nothing was said.... Maybe I'm not understanding something.
    Does anyone know the full story? Care to Share? If Mara did bust only the NFCE teams, it seems like a shady move, and it makes me ashamed to have this associated with our team...[/quote]

Please go away.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]With the "Uncapped" year crap, did Mara unfairly target the Skins and 'Boys because they were in the East? The Bears apparently did a similar thing with Peppers' contract, and nothing was said.... Maybe I'm not understanding something. Does anyone know the full story? Care to Share? If Mara did bust only the NFCE teams, it seems like a shady move, and it makes me ashamed to have this associated with our team...[/quote]lol you have a low threshold for being ashamed.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]With the "Uncapped" year crap, did Mara unfairly target the Skins and 'Boys because they were in the East? The Bears apparently did a similar thing with Peppers' contract, and nothing was said.... Maybe I'm not understanding something.
    Does anyone know the full story? Care to Share? If Mara did bust only the NFCE teams, it seems like a shady move, and it makes me ashamed to have this associated with our team...[/quote]

John Mara is the Chairman of a committee of owners whose investigation resulted in the the Redskins and Cowboys being disciplined. The committee report was voted on by all of the owners. That vote was 29 - 0 in favor of imposing the discipline (The Redskins and Cowboys did not vote and there was one abstention which was probably the other team that was cited but not disciplined).

Why would you be ashamed of an internal process that allows for an appeal, which is underway?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]With the "Uncapped" year crap, did Mara unfairly target the Skins and 'Boys because they were in the East? The Bears apparently did a similar thing with Peppers' contract, and nothing was said.... Maybe I'm not understanding something. Does anyone know the full story? Care to Share? If Mara did bust only the NFCE teams, it seems like a shady move, and it makes me ashamed to have this associated with our team...[/quote]

John Mara is the Chairman of a committee of owners who's investigation resulted in the the Redskins and Cowboys being disciplined. The committee report was voted on by all of the owners. That vote was 29 - 0 in favor of imposing the discipline (The Redskins and Cowboys did not vote and there was one abstention which was probably the other team that was cited but not disciplined).

Why would you be ashamed of an internal process that allows for an appeal, which is underway?
    [/quote]You think facts are going to have any impact here? []

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]With the "Uncapped" year crap, did Mara unfairly target the Skins and 'Boys because they were in the East? The Bears apparently did a similar thing with Peppers' contract, and nothing was said.... Maybe I'm not understanding something. Does anyone know the full story? Care to Share? If Mara did bust only the NFCE teams, it seems like a shady move, and it makes me ashamed to have this associated with our team...[/quote]

John Mara is the Chairman of a committee of owners whose investigation resulted in the the Redskins and Cowboys being disciplined. The committee report was voted on by all of the owners. That vote was 29 - 0 in favor of imposing the discipline (The Redskins and Cowboys did not vote and there was one abstention which was probably the other team that was cited but not disciplined).

[/quote]You think facts are going to have any impact here? [][/quote]

I lost my head []
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="redbeardxxv"]With the "Uncapped" year crap, did Mara unfairly target the Skins and 'Boys because they were in the East? The Bears apparently did a similar thing with Peppers' contract, and nothing was said.... Maybe I'm not understanding something. Does anyone know the full story? Care to Share? If Mara did bust only the NFCE teams, it seems like a shady move, and it makes me ashamed to have this associated with our team...[/quote]

[/quote]You think facts are going to have any impact here? [][/quote]

I lost my head []
    [/quote]Who among us hasn't had a weak moment?

For those of you*eh hem* with nothing to add, please, stay off my thread. In other words, Go away. I posted to ask a question, based on an article I read that seemed to imply that Mara had a heavy hand in the discipline of these teams, and it was hinted by the author, and echoed in the comments from fans that Mara had an obvious conflict of interest. If indeed something of that nature occurred, yes, it would be a shameful abuse of position.
    Unfortunately, I did not have all of the facts involved. I figured those of you on the board that knew something about it could share their knowledge. The knuckle dragging lowlife's that feel the need to drop comments like prepubescent jackasses, please, take this opportunity to run to the store for some Oxy Pads. For the rest of you, fill me in on what I missed. Thanks.

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]For those of you*eh hem* with nothing to add, please, stay off my thread. In other words, Go away. I posted to ask a question, based on an article I read that seemed to imply that Mara had a heavy hand in the discipline of these teams, and it was hinted by the author, and echoed in the comments from fans that Mara had an obvious conflict of interest. If indeed something of that nature occurred, yes, it would be a shameful abuse of position.
    Unfortunately, I did not have all of the facts involved. I figured those of you on the board that knew something about it could share their knowledge. The knuckle dragging lowlife's that feel the need to drop comments like prepubescent jackasses, please, take this opportunity to run to the store for some Oxy Pads. For the rest of you, fill me in on what I missed. Thanks.[/quote]

When you ask for opinions here, that's what you are going to get. Good, bad, indifferent, etc. You can simply ignore the types of opinions that you don't care for; no need to go on the offensive.