+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CHAD JONES NOT CLEARED TO PARTICIPATE IN GIANTS' ROOKIE MINI-CAMP

CHAD JONES NOT CLEARED TO PARTICIPATE IN GIANTS' ROOKIE MINI-CAMP

"Chad Jones' goal of being on the field with his teammates in an organized
    practice this spring will not be met this weekend.

The former third-round pick, who suffered severe leg injuries in a car
    accident two years ago
    , has not been cleared to participate in Giants rookie
    camp, a team spokesman said, confirming a report
    by Newsday
    . Jones would have been eligible to participate in the camp, which
    runs Friday through Sunday, because he has zero credited and accrued NFL
    seasons.

Jones has been participating
    in offseason workouts
    with his teammates and has
    impressed a few with how well he's been moving. However, he realizes
    conditioning is an issue at this point

The Giants begin organized team activities later this month. They also have a
    mandatory, full-team minicamp June 11-13, though Jones may not be cleared by
    then either. The next possible action for him would come with the start of
    training camp in July."
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: CHAD JONES NOT CLEARED TO PARTICIPATE IN GIANTS' ROOKIE MINI-CAMP

dammnit, i really wanted to see him try and make a come back. I hope he recovers soon, for his sake and ours. We could use a fourth safety.

[quote user="NYFan221"]dammnit, i really wanted to see him try and make a come back. I hope he recovers soon, for his sake and ours. We could use a fourth safety.
    [/quote]

I'm not sure this is a set back. He's just not cleared for "football activity" yet. He has still otherwise been participating in the off-season program.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="NYFan221"]dammnit, i really wanted to see him try and make a come back. I hope he recovers soon, for his sake and ours. We could use a fourth safety.
    [/quote]

I'm not sure this is a set back. He's just not cleared for "football activity" yet. He has still otherwise been participating in the off-season program.
    [/quote]

According to this, he's not likely this year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...or-2012-season

Jones was not cleared for the Giants' three-day rookie minicamp this week, and the Post reported he probably won't be cleared to partake in the team's veteran camp June 12-14 or suit up at all this season.

Keep your head up high Chad Jones, you will get your chance.

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ebick"]

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="NYFan221"]dammnit, i really wanted to see him try and make a come back. I hope he recovers soon, for his sake and ours. We could use a fourth safety.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Jones was not cleared for the Giants' three-day rookie minicamp this week, and the Post reported he probably won't be cleared to partake in the team's veteran camp June 12-14 or suit up at all this season.

[/quote]

It has always been a long shot but this kid is as determined as anyone I've ever seen. He reminds me of Rocky Bleier in that regard.

If he even plays in a pre season game after what his leg looked like its a miracle. I hope he makes it. It would be an unbelievable accomplishment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]If he even plays in a pre season game after what his leg looked like its a miracle. I hope he makes it. It would be an unbelievable accomplishment[/quote]

I think the GIANTS deserve a lot of credit for keeping the light on for him.

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="ebick"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good comparison RF. The kid has a huge heart and great determination. He's got Giant written all over him. Go Chad, Go Giants!!

[/quote]

It has always been a long shot but this kid is as determined as anyone I've ever seen. He reminds me of Rocky Bleier in that regard.
    [/quote]
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro

This kid if he makes it all the way back will be the ultimate comeback player in history. I know their have been others to comeback from major health issues but this would be right at or near the top
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***