+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Andre Brown Question?

Is it an automatic that Andre Brown will see playing time this year as the only power back we have?

While I like Wilson's toughness, it's a much different thing to have a 230 lb back coming at you than a tough 200 lb back, and we know Brown isn't shuffling his feet like BJ liked to do on occasion. TC has already said he likes having a power back.

If Brown is a keeper, and I think he is, does that mean that Scott could be on the chopping block?
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

Re: The Andre Brown Question?

With Brown's 4-game suspension, I think he's going to have to REALLY impress in training camp and the pre-season to make the team.

NO...it should mean Ware is on the chopping block. Scott is in his second year, Ware has shown nothing over how many seasons? If they were going to give Ware a bigger role......don't you think they would have done so already?

I am not really sure why anyone would think that Andre Brown can do anything for this team. He is a guy that not a single NFL team (including the Giants) thought was worthy of being on their 53 man roster last season. On top of that, he has now been suspended for 4 games.

I will be shocked if he makes the team.

Veteran

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]NO...it should mean Ware is on the chopping block. Scott is in his second year, Ware has shown nothing over how many seasons? If they were going to give Ware a bigger role......don't you think they would have done so already?[/quote]

Much of our 3rd and 4th backups could always be on the chopping block, however,the Giants 99% of the time go into the season with 4 RB's and 1 FB. Brown is likely to not make the team due to his 4 game suspension. Unless this is the 1% of the time they go with three RB's instead of 4, Ware is virtually a lock to make the team. The only other scenario that gets Ware cutis if a 5th unknown guy (that's not Brown) pushes his way onto the squad by impressing more than Ware doesin camp.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Maybe we will see Hynoski or Martinez get some carries as a true change of pace. One could block for the other, or Pascoe could block for one, depending on who all makes the team. (I doubt we keep 2 FBs, but you never know.)
    Do not feed the trolls.

I think people make too much of this whole "change of pace" thing. You want good backs, no matter what their style of running.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Veteran

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I think people make too much of this whole "change of pace" thing.* You want good backs, no matter what their style of running.*
    [/quote]

Yeah, it's more about fresh legs on the field.

I would rather see the work load shared by two guys who are multi-dimensional out there in the sense that they can be a threat in both the running and passing game.

I'm not a huge fan of the dink and dunk style offense (Saints, Eagles, Patriots etc.), but it does provide a lot of higher percentage throws for the QB. In our case it'll bring back an element to our offense that's been lacking since Tiki's departure.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]Is it an automatic that Andre Brown will see playing time this year as the only power back we have? While I like Wilson's toughness, it's a much different thing to have a 230 lb back coming at you than a tough 200 lb back, and we know Brown isn't shuffling his feet like BJ liked to do on occasion. TC has already said he likes having a power back. If Brown is a keeper, and I think he is, does that mean that Scott could be on the chopping block?[/quote]

Brown may be in deep kimchi with the Giants for the suspension hes on!

that saidScott will be only in his 2nd year and has shown a coupla flashes albeit in preseason.

regardless of Browns situation i think Scott is a keeper for the time being.

besides drafting Wilson may send Brown to the practice squad again or someplace worse!

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]Is it an automatic that Andre Brown will see playing time this year as the only power back we have?

While I like Wilson's toughness, it's a much different thing to have a 230 lb back coming at you than a tough 200 lb back, and we know Brown isn't shuffling his feet like BJ liked to do on occasion. TC has already said he likes having a power back.

If Brown is a keeper, and I think he is, does that mean that Scott could be on the chopping block?[/quote]

It's not even automatic he makes the team much less sees playing time.

Remember, he was a practice squad player last year, and has been cut by the team previously. Not to mention coming back from an injury that has ended careers in the past.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)