+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RUEBEN RANDLE, DAVID WILSON, AND ADRIEN ROBINSON TO BEGIN THEIR TRANSITION TO NLF, GIANTS

RUEBEN RANDLE, DAVID WILSON, AND ADRIEN ROBINSON TO BEGIN THEIR TRANSITION TO NLF, GIANTS

"There has already been a decent amount of talk surrounding Rueben
    Randle
    ’s potential role in the 2012 New York Giants offense. Will he
    be able to step in immediately as one of the top three “starters?” Will he need
    to wait his turn behind Domenik Hixon or Ramses Barden?

The answers are far from here. But tomorrow, Randle will take the first step
    towards uncovering them when he takes place in the inaugural day of rookie
    mini-camp. If Randle is unable to earn what is technically the second spot on
    the depth chart, as New York plans to use Cruz in the slot as often as
    possible, he isn’t expected to fall farther than fourth.

When asked about his new toy, General Manager Jerry Reese remarked, “He looks
    like a big, pro wide receiver out there, the way he moves around. “I think he's
    going to be a quick fit into the offense because of how he plays. He's big and
    can post guys up.”

Randle isn’t the only rookie with the potential for a prominent spot in the
    offense this season.

Running back David
    Wilson
    will be looking to turn heads this weekend. Wilson, is projected as a
    future feature back for the Giants and could even make his debut as a starter in
    2012 should Ahmad Bradshaw once again succumb to injury.

Taken in the fourth round, tight end Adrien
    Robinson
    will have a spot on this team as well. How large a role he will be
    given is yet to be seen.

Like Jake Ballard, Robinson will not be entering the NFL boasting a
    stellar receiving stat sheet from his time in college. In his most productive
    season, Robinson notched a paltry 12 receptions for 183 yards and a respectable
    three TDs.

Nick Provo, a TE out of Syracuse that went undrafted, hauled in 51 receptions
    in his best season and accrued 537 yards. He found the end zone seven times.
    Provo was signed by the Ravens as a free agent.

So why would Reese pounce on a player like Robinson as early as the fourth
    round when Provo and others of his caliber were still on the board? The answer
    lies in the nature of the current Giants predicament at the TE position.

On the morning of February 5th, the Giants were not in position to make major
    changes at the position. By February 6th, they were down to one veteran TE that
    was projected to be healthy in late 2012.

The addition of Martellus Bennett allowed the Giants to fill the role of top
    receiving TE. What they needed now was a blocker to compliment Bear Pascoe. At
    6’4 264 lbs, Robinson is one of the shorter TEs on the roster. However, despite
    his height he is listed as only one pound lighter than Bennett who is among the
    tallest.

His physical style of play and bulky frame is what attracted the Giants to a
    player that many feel was a reach pick.

While he is the likely candidate to beat out Christian Hopkins for the final
    TE spot on the final roster thanks to his blocking potential, don’t rule out a
    possible evolution for Robinson. It is worth noting that in Ballard’s most
    productive collegiate season, he hauled in only two more receptions than
    Robinson and accounted for 33 less receiving yards. He did not score a TD in
    either his junior or senior season.

Ballard’s lack of receiving success in college translated to 38 receptions
    for 604 yards and four TDs in his first year as a starter.

Will Robinson be able to find a new gear in the NFL? Will Randle
    and Wilson continue to match or exceed early expectations? Things will become
    clearer tomorrow."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Re: RUEBEN RANDLE, DAVID WILSON, AND ADRIEN ROBINSON TO BEGIN THEIR TRANSITION TO NLF, GIANTS

thanks buudddddddddddddyyyyy!

so stoked with this draft class...may be the most stoked i've ever been about a draft class (in total, no one can match the excitement and hope Nicks gave when he got drafted)

Re: RUEBEN RANDLE, DAVID WILSON, AND ADRIEN ROBINSON TO BEGIN THEIR TRANSITION TO NLF, GIANTS

[quote user="giantsfan420"]thanks buudddddddddddddyyyyy!

so stoked with this draft class...may be the most stoked i've ever been about a draft class (in total, no one can match the excitement and hope Nicks gave when he got drafted)[/quote]

We really never know how and when a draft pick is going to pay off for us because we tend to not expect any major immediate help beyond # 3. But developmentally, I have to agree if we can believe the hype that accompanied this class. Living in the middle of Hokie Land, I am still assured by the legions of VT fans that we struck gold twice in this draft.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Even though we took it all, there are many phases of our game that can use improvement.
    Much to look forward to this new season. oh yeah!
    thanks Roany.

[quote user="fourth&forever"]Even though we took it all, there are many phases of our game that can use improvement.
    Much to look forward to this new season. oh yeah!
    thanks Roany.[/quote]

[Y]

# 80

All-Pro

Agree about the room for improvement. Yeah they won the Super Bowl, but they lost some players to injury, some to FA, and they where possibly one play from not making the playoffs.

I liked their draft and the FA signings. Can't wait for next season.

Hope Wilson and Randle sign soon..... thanks Roa [Y]
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

This draft class is intriguing. JR went a little out of form in drafting for need. I know, I know, he said he went for the bpa however that coincidentally matched our needs. There are a couple of guys who seem ready and a few who seem like project but have great physical gifts. Can't wait to get started. Thanks RF!
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro

I was watching the draft but didn't notice this. Someone posted that when it was the Giants turn to draft in the 1stvround Mayock said that Wilson was his BPA.

[quote user="buddy33"]I was watching the draft but didn't notice this. Someone posted that when it was the Giants turn to draft in the 1stvround Mayock said that Wilson was his BPA.[/quote]
    I watched the whole draft on NFL network & didn't hear any of that