+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

David Wilson Locked Up

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-david-wilson/

Probably the first time in idk how long we signed our draft pick right away.

Re: David Wilson Locked Up

[quote user="Pakman"]Probably the first time in idk how long we signed our draft pick right away.[/quote]
    You have the new rookie wage scale to thank for that.

Yeah, long contract disputes with rookies are probably a thing of the past. It is great. The idea of a guy who hasnt played a single down of football in the NFL holding out during training camp is a joke. This new rule should've been in effect years ago.

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]

Yeah, long contract disputes with rookies are probably a thing of the past.* It is great.* The idea of a guy who hasnt played a single down of football in the NFL holding out during training camp is a joke.* This new rule should've been in effect years ago.

[/quote]

Agreed, all rookies are playing for their second contract. You'll still see a few here and there but not like before.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

[quote user="Pakman"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/11/giants-ink-first-rounder-david-wilson/

Probably the first time in idk how long we signed our draft pick right away.[/quote]I thought you meant arrested! Do you know how many expletives came out of my mouth!?

All-Pro

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="Pakman"]Probably the first time in idk how long we signed our draft pick right away.[/quote] You have the new rookie wage scale to thank for that.[/quote]

Had that last year, and Prince was the last to sign, then got hurt a few days later.

All-Pro

According to Mac's Football Blog, Wilson's four-year contract is expected to be worth about $6.7 million with a signing bonus of $3.3 million.

Only 4 years? Should of locked him up for 5, he was a first rounder.

**** EDIT

Wilson's deal is for four years with a team option for a fifth year, and only three of the four years are guaranteed.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

According to Mac's Football Blog, Wilson's four-year contract is expected to be worth about $6.7 million with a signing bonus of $3.3 million.

**** EDIT

Wilson's deal is for four years with a team option for a fifth year, and only three of the four years are guaranteed.

[/quote]

Yeah, the CBA allows the teams to have a fifth year option on first round picks . . . .

I believe that the option has to be exercised after the third year though (I might be wrong about that)

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="TuckYou"]

**** EDIT

[/quote]

Yeah, the CBA allows the teams to have a fifth year option on first round picks . . . .

I believe that the option has to be exercised after the third year though (I might be wrong about that)

[/quote]

The option on the 5th year is at a much higher price.

Man...what the hell. Thought he was arrested.