+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

David Wilson Locked Up

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-david-wilson/

Probably the first time in idk how long we signed our draft pick right away.

Re: David Wilson Locked Up

[quote user="Pakman"]Probably the first time in idk how long we signed our draft pick right away.[/quote]
    You have the new rookie wage scale to thank for that.

Yeah, long contract disputes with rookies are probably a thing of the past. It is great. The idea of a guy who hasnt played a single down of football in the NFL holding out during training camp is a joke. This new rule should've been in effect years ago.

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]

Yeah, long contract disputes with rookies are probably a thing of the past.* It is great.* The idea of a guy who hasnt played a single down of football in the NFL holding out during training camp is a joke.* This new rule should've been in effect years ago.

[/quote]

Agreed, all rookies are playing for their second contract. You'll still see a few here and there but not like before.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

[quote user="Pakman"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/11/giants-ink-first-rounder-david-wilson/

Probably the first time in idk how long we signed our draft pick right away.[/quote]I thought you meant arrested! Do you know how many expletives came out of my mouth!?

All-Pro

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="Pakman"]Probably the first time in idk how long we signed our draft pick right away.[/quote] You have the new rookie wage scale to thank for that.[/quote]

Had that last year, and Prince was the last to sign, then got hurt a few days later.

All-Pro

According to Mac's Football Blog, Wilson's four-year contract is expected to be worth about $6.7 million with a signing bonus of $3.3 million.

Only 4 years? Should of locked him up for 5, he was a first rounder.

**** EDIT

Wilson's deal is for four years with a team option for a fifth year, and only three of the four years are guaranteed.

[quote user="TuckYou"]

According to Mac's Football Blog, Wilson's four-year contract is expected to be worth about $6.7 million with a signing bonus of $3.3 million.

**** EDIT

Wilson's deal is for four years with a team option for a fifth year, and only three of the four years are guaranteed.

[/quote]

Yeah, the CBA allows the teams to have a fifth year option on first round picks . . . .

I believe that the option has to be exercised after the third year though (I might be wrong about that)

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="TuckYou"]

**** EDIT

[/quote]

Yeah, the CBA allows the teams to have a fifth year option on first round picks . . . .

I believe that the option has to be exercised after the third year though (I might be wrong about that)

[/quote]

The option on the 5th year is at a much higher price.

Man...what the hell. Thought he was arrested.