+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Limas Sweed at NYG Rookie Camp

This guy has good height, speed and hands but never flashed anything with the Steelers. He is another guy to keep an eye on.

Re: Limas Sweed at NYG Rookie Camp

If he can play to the level he played in college and was expected in the NFL.... he can be a great pick up.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Eh, I don't have much hope that a guy who has never produced will suddenly produce for us . . . .

To me, though, having Sweed in camp says something about what they think of Barden . . . .

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

Eh, I don't have much hope that a guy who has never produced will suddenly produce for us . . . .

To me, though, having Sweed in camp says something about what they think of Barden . . . .

[/quote]

Drafting Randle is telling me that they think Barden is junk and will never touch the field.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Veteran

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote]

Drafting Randle is telling me that they think Barden is junk and will never touch the field.[/quote]

He can't separate. He has been injured but he can't separate and he doesn't play physical at all for his size.

Nice. Liked him alot when he was at Texas. Good size, good hands and decent speed. If he can stay healthy and make the team, could be a real steal!

All-Pro

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote] Drafting Randle is telling me that they think Barden is junk and will never touch the field.[/quote]

He can't separate. He has been injured but he can't separate and he doesn't play physical at all for his size.
    [/quote]

Not sure I agree 100% with that. I saw him get physical out there, and snag a few bad passes. His route running and explosiveness is lacking though. Randle is going to pass him, but might not get passed Hixon (if healthy) or Jernigan. Time will tell.

Veteran

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]

[/quote] Drafting Randle is telling me that they think Barden is junk and will never touch the field.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not sure I agree 100% with that. I saw him get physical out there, and snag a few bad passes. His route running and explosiveness is lacking though. Randle is going to pass him, but might not get passed Hixon (if healthy) or Jernigan. Time will tell.

[/quote]

For a guy that is 6'6.5 and over 220 pounds he is soft, Nicks who is only barely 6'1 plays way bigger then him because he is much more physical, I've never seen Barden use his size and length in games at all. Its because he is soft and as you mentioned he lacks explosiveness to separate at the top of his routes.

Veteran

Sweed

WOW ! He was a beast down in Texas . Another disappointment 2nd rounder like Thomas was in Washington and he did good filling an important role here. Let's see if Limas comes with an attitude and picks up the slack . It's all about competition for Jerry Reese and I LOVE IT !!!!
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.