+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hixon might surprise us

When Hixon isn't hurt he is always playing well for us. As a number three WR or a special teamer, Hixon has done a great job. I understand he is coming off two acl tears but he looked fine before going down last year.

Veteran

Re: Hixon might surprise us

Well he's definitely a reliable return man. I felt bad for the dude, tearing his ACL again last season after that amazing catch that helped us beat the Rams.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

I think your being very optimistic. How many top return men in the NFL have missed 2 consecutive years with reconstructive knee surgery?

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I think your being very optimistic.* How many top* return men in the NFL have missed 2 consecutive years with reconstructive knee surgery?
    [/quote]

Valid point. Thankfully for Hixon it was early in the year.

Veteran

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I think your being very optimistic.* How many top* return men in the NFL have missed 2 consecutive years with reconstructive knee surgery?
    [/quote]

Good point. I should have mentioned when I said reliable I was mainly referring to him handling the rock. Everyone we used last year made me nervous because they all had some sort of mishap(s) during the season.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Bench Player

[quote user="BeatYale"]Well he's definitely a reliable return man. I felt bad for the dude, tearing his ACL again last season after that amazing catch that helped us beat the Rams.[/quote]

The one where he tried to catch the ball with his shoulder? I agree he was a good returner but I don't get why some people think he was a great receiver.

I think they should use him exclusively for the return game.

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I think your being very optimistic. How many top return men in the NFL have missed 2 consecutive years with reconstructive knee surgery?
    [/quote]

The nice thing about Hixon is if he can come back healthy, he serves as a veteran receiver/returner the team can count on as other younger players get through the learning curve. I think Hixon may well be a positive contributor this season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Hixon is due to have a good healthy year!

i hope he can catch a break and play 16 games for us.

TC's #1 law on return men is Ball Security. You never had to worry whenever Hixon caught the ball. If Hixon makes the squad, I expect many " Happy Returns ".