+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hixon might surprise us

When Hixon isn't hurt he is always playing well for us. As a number three WR or a special teamer, Hixon has done a great job. I understand he is coming off two acl tears but he looked fine before going down last year.

Veteran

Re: Hixon might surprise us

Well he's definitely a reliable return man. I felt bad for the dude, tearing his ACL again last season after that amazing catch that helped us beat the Rams.

I think your being very optimistic. How many top return men in the NFL have missed 2 consecutive years with reconstructive knee surgery?

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I think your being very optimistic.* How many top* return men in the NFL have missed 2 consecutive years with reconstructive knee surgery?
    [/quote]

Valid point. Thankfully for Hixon it was early in the year.

Veteran

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I think your being very optimistic.* How many top* return men in the NFL have missed 2 consecutive years with reconstructive knee surgery?
    [/quote]

Good point. I should have mentioned when I said reliable I was mainly referring to him handling the rock. Everyone we used last year made me nervous because they all had some sort of mishap(s) during the season.

Bench Player

[quote user="BeatYale"]Well he's definitely a reliable return man. I felt bad for the dude, tearing his ACL again last season after that amazing catch that helped us beat the Rams.[/quote]

The one where he tried to catch the ball with his shoulder? I agree he was a good returner but I don't get why some people think he was a great receiver.

I think they should use him exclusively for the return game.

[quote user="MikeSherrard"]I think your being very optimistic. How many top return men in the NFL have missed 2 consecutive years with reconstructive knee surgery?
    [/quote]

The nice thing about Hixon is if he can come back healthy, he serves as a veteran receiver/returner the team can count on as other younger players get through the learning curve. I think Hixon may well be a positive contributor this season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Hixon is due to have a good healthy year!

i hope he can catch a break and play 16 games for us.

TC's #1 law on return men is Ball Security. You never had to worry whenever Hixon caught the ball. If Hixon makes the squad, I expect many " Happy Returns ".