+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Chase Blackburn OUr Starting MLB?

Perry Fewell answers a big question: Who's the Giants' starting MLB right now? Chase Blackburn, he says. #NYG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAijjiMsgHE

Re: Chase Blackburn OUr Starting MLB?

Being named the starter in May is absolutely meaningless. I doubt he'll be the starter come the regular season.

I like Chase at MLB and prefer his experience over the 1-year players at this point. If Blackburn legitamately loses his position in training camp then that would suggest the younger guys are good enough to supplant him then I am fine with that.

im in

[quote user="rick5292"]

Perry Fewell answers a big question: Who's the Giants' starting MLB right now? Chase Blackburn, he says. #NYG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAijjiMsgHE
    [/quote]

I do. The man came in the middle of the season, and he made a huge difference for our defense. He played the best at the position for us this past season, and I don't see any reason why he shouldn't start there.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Ew... Seriously? This guy again?

[quote user="hungrrrry"]I like Chase at MLB and prefer his experience over the 1-year players at this point. If Blackburn legitamately loses his position in training camp then that would suggest the younger guys are good enough to supplant him then I am fine with that.[/quote]

Pretty much what he said, its Chase's job to lose because of what he did last yr when he came in. We haven't seen enough from the other guys yet, but who knows we may have a new starting MLB by the end of camp.

Veteran

Lets remember the type of D we run... Chase may only be the first down MLB.. we change up personel all the time

[quote user="Drez"]Being named the starter in May is absolutely meaningless. I doubt he'll be the starter come the regular season.
    [/quote]

I doubt he'll even be on the team when the regular season starts. He ended last season as the starting MLB, so it only makes sense to pencil him in during early OTA's. I think our LB corps is loaded with too much young talent for him not to lose his starting job, if not his roster spot.

Veteran

[quote user="NYGiants2120"]Lets remember the type of D we run... Chase may only be the first down MLB.. we change up personel all the time[/quote]

Exactly, he'll be on the field about 40% of the time.