+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rolle back at safety

I'm very excited to see Rolle back at his natural position this year. He did an outstanding job this year playing all over the field. Bottom line, he is still one of the better safety's in the league, and should be able to take the majority of the snaps back there this year. With the depth we seem to have at CB, and Rolle and Phillips at safety, the backfield is improved exponentially.

Re: Rolle back at safety

well see.

He was supposed to be playing safety last year before the injury bug struck.

[quote user="slipknottin"]well see.

He was supposed to be playing safety last year before the injury bug struck.[/quote]

I hate to say it, since he's a former Cane, but his play has not matched his contract even before the injury bug and him playing out of position.
    In the tough times we find out who we are...that's why I know VC will be back better than ever in 2015. #80 NYG4life!

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="slipknottin"]well see.

He was supposed to be playing safety last year before the injury bug struck.[/quote]

I hate to say it, since he's a former Cane, but his play has not matched his contract even before the injury bug and him playing out of position.[/quote]

we definetly over paid for him without a doubt, but thats not his fault. I like him, hes pretty good in coverage, good against the run, great tackler, and can blitz. I love that we have him on the team, just wish it could be for a lil less $.

[quote user="B&RWarrior"][quote user="slipknottin"]well see.

I hate to say it, since he's a former Cane, but his play has not matched his contract even before the injury bug and him playing out of position.[/quote]We did overpay him in a vacum but not in the context of what we endured at safety the year before that. I am upbeat about our overall upgrade in the secondary including some young guys with big upside.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I am excited about Antrell Rolle moving back to his natural position. We did overpay for him but he really matured last year and developed into a positive leader that we needed.

[quote user="buffyblue"]I am excited about Antrell Rolle moving back to his natural position. We did overpay for him but he really matured last year and developed into a positive leader that we needed.[/quote]He really did step up as a leader when we needed him most last year.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Antrel is 100% a ball-hawk in the safety position , that's if they actually let him play there for once

All-Pro

yeah i would like to see a little less talkee and a little more playee from Mr. Rolle

and im not going to get on him so much for plays that he has allowed ... it's tough back there, but i would like to see him make a few more plays to help justify what we are paying him

Giants payed him to do this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5V8gkrJBs8
    , We just haven't let him do it yet...