+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Herzlich is our MLB

I'm one for bold predictions. So let me be the first to tell the world that Herzlich will secure the MLB starting role in camp this summer. Completing a truly wondrous comeback story.

I think Fewell sees the flaw in putting Boley at MLB with him saying that as of now Blackburn is his starting MLB. Ijust can't see Blackburn as our starter at MLB and I don't think RIvers fits the mold either.

The Herzlich era at MLB begins this fall. He will lay down the law!

In the tough times we find out who we are.

Re: Herzlich is our MLB

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]I'm one for bold predictions. So let me be the first to tell the world that Herzlich will secure the MLB starting role in camp this summer. Completing a truly wondrous comeback story.

I think Fewell sees the flaw in putting Boley at MLB with him saying that as of now Blackburn is his starting MLB. Ijust can't see Blackburn as our starter at MLB and I don't think RIvers fits the mold either.

The Herzlich era at MLB begins this fall. He will lay down the law![/quote]If Herzlich is our starter it won't be because Backburn's skills have eroded. He is still pretty young and will come back ready to defend his position. That means that Herzlich has passed him in terms of on field performance which would be a very good thing for us and a great story as well (though Blackburn's story is pretty nice too). Go Giants!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="B&RWarrior"]I'm one for bold predictions. So let me be the first to tell the world that Herzlich will secure the MLB starting role in camp this summer. Completing a truly wondrous comeback story.

The Herzlich era at MLB begins this fall. He will lay down the law![/quote]If Herzlich is our starter it won't be because Backburn's skills have eroded. He is still pretty young and will come back ready to defend his position. That means that Herzlich has passed him in terms of on field performance which would be a very good thing for us and a great story as well (though Blackburn's story is pretty nice too). Go Giants!![/quote]

+1 You got it nailed.

Veteran

Blackburn's biggest advantage at the moment is that he know's the defense like the back of his hand. He know's all 3 LB spots and he can get the defense aligned correctly.

If Herzlich can make the jump where Fewell feels comfortable with him making the calls and he doesn't have to limit what he does Herz has a good chance. He's got much more upside than Chase.

He must also stay healthy throughout the off season so that he can get as many reps as possible to prove he's ready.

I think one thing is clear the front office doesnt think Chase is the anwser at mlb. With the 1 year deal he signed the front office is hopeing someone makes the jump. As much as I like Blackburn I get the feeling he was only brought back incase Jones, Herzlich or whoever doesnt seize the oppertunity to start.

Thinking back to last year 4 rookies lb's made the roster with no offseason so I really think anyone of them could find a lot of playing time.

The Gigalo with the most below

[quote user="DVision"]Blackburn's biggest advantage at the moment is that he know's the defense like the back of his hand. He know's all 3 LB spots and he can get the defense aligned correctly. If Herzlich can make the jump where Fewell feels comfortable with him making the calls and he doesn't have to limit what he does Herz has a good chance. He's got much more upside than Chase. He must also stay healthy throughout the off season so that he can get as many reps as possible to prove he's ready.[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Chase was making any of the defensive calls last year. I think that was all Boley.

Lets be honest here, Chase is more athletic than Herzlich is.

Which isnt a compliment, for either.

Wouldnt be surprised if Rivers was eventual starter at Mike.

[quote user="slipknottin"]Lets be honest here, Chase is more athletic than Herzlich is.

Wouldnt be surprised if Rivers was eventual starter at Mike.[/quote]The 3 Best LB's are Boley,Kiwi and either Williams or Rivers those are the guys who should play the most

[quote user="slipknottin"]Lets be honest here, Chase is more athletic than Herzlich is.

Wouldnt be surprised if Rivers was eventual starter at Mike.[/quote]The 3 Best traditional LB's are Boley, Williams and Rivers

I'm a fan of Herzlich and will definitely be rooting for him... but if he's our starting MLB this year, my guess is that we go MLB with our first pick of the 2013 draft.