+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Is our offense now on the same level as the Packers / Saints?

Discuss

Re: Is our offense now on the same level as the Packers / Saints?

IMO Yes

The Giants running game is going to be better this upcoming season and the Giants passing game is by far one of the best in the NFL. If the O-Line improves the Giants the running game will be much better.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Veteran

[quote user="Warchild"]Discuss[/quote]

Nope. We've lacked consistency and that is not going to be remedied by replacing veteran WR's and RB's with rookies.

Eli pretty much always ranks in the top 10 in interceptions. His TD-Int ratio is not anywhere close to Rogers or Drew Brees. That's been an ongoing problem throughout his career.

Yeah yeah we've all heard the excuses, I myself can probably hand pick about 7 or more interceptions that were not his fault - however, the interceptions are still an ongoing issue for this offense year after year.

I wouldn't compare our offense to the Packers or Saints.

I would say it is pretty darn close. the only reason I would give the Packers and Saints a slight edge is that they have a game breaking TE that we do not have.

Your question sent me to looking up and trying to interpret stats from the three teams last year. I have reached no conclusions, but our status versus those teams in 2012 will have to do both with how our offense performs and how the other two perform. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that the Packers and Saints will still have higher octane offenses than we will have next year.

Last year, we were 8th in yardage and 9th in scoring - the Packers were 3rd in yardage, 1st in scoring - and the Saints were 1st in yardage and 2nd in scoring. So we were easily in the top third of the league and won the Super Bowl, to boot.

In looking at the stats, one interesting item (to me) is that the Packers were 1st in scoring, 12th in time of possession and 28th in plays per game. In other words, they scored pretty damn quickly. I'm not sure that was always to their advantage.

In 2011, on average, the Giants scored 1 point for every 2.612 plays they ran - the Saints scored a point every 2.041 plays and the Packers averaged a point every 1.764 plays. Obviously, this does not account for points scored by the defense or special teams.

If we can move our per game average up from 2011's 24.6 points per game to the 28 to 30 point range in 2012, I'll be well pleased.

All those words, and I'm not sure I answered the OP's question!! []

Veteran

It is close butas of now the Saints can run the ball better and have as someone said a gamebreaker at TE as does GB. Also, GB has Kuhn who gets 3rd/4th and 1's regularly while the Giants struggle mightilyat that attimes. Also as mentioned GB and New Orleans typically turn it over less.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

It sounds to me that you have your doubts about the Giants offense because you are comparing our offense to that of the Saints and Packers. Let me ask you this question.......if the Saints and Packers have such a good offense than why didn't they win the Super Bowl???
    You should be comparing their offense to ours....not visa versa!

[quote user="BK07071"][quote user="Warchild"]Discuss[/quote]

It sounds to me that you have your doubts about the Giants offense because you are comparing our offense to that of the Saints and Packers. Let me ask you this question.......if the Saints and Packers have such a good offense than why didn't they win the Super Bowl???
    You should be comparing their offense to ours....not visa versa!
    [/quote]

When did people start doing this annoying habit anyways?

I dont know what it is but these just irritate me to no end: this "Discuss" BS. Like your trying to be a debate moderator or something . You wanna a discussion...how bout having an opinion first? ... DISCUSS!

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran

[quote user="repeatchamps"]It is close but*as of now the Saints can run the ball better and have as someone said a gamebreaker at TE as does GB. Also, GB has Kuhn who gets 3rd/4th and 1's regularly while the Giants struggle mightily*at that at*times. Also as mentioned GB and New Orleans typically turn it over less.[/quote]

The Saints could run the ball better. They lost a key component to their running game when they lost Carl Nicks.

Not a chance.

But we will see what we have this season. If Wilson can contribute in the way I think he can and our O line plays better, we can have a very dynamic offense.

BTW....staying healthy would help.

Get well soon 80.